The Slow Poisoning of India

  • Harish Amur
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
      On a similar note, if you have not seen this already - The Slow Poisoning of
      India http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-slow-poisoning-of-india/

      Regards,
      Harish

      On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear all,Please take a look at this documentary by Tina Gill. It gels with
      > our philosophy.
      > It is a bit long drawn but our members in Thailand will find it useful
      >
      > http://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/festival/play/6626/Orange-Alert
      >
      > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
      >
      > Warm regards,
      >
      > Sumant Joshi
      > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

    • Carol Lake
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
        Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know anything about it?

        Many thanks!

        Carol Lake
        www.dancingdogfarm.com
        NH, USA

      • Sumant Joshi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011
          Thanks Harish, that is a superb site for great documentary films, now I may learn what good documentary films really are (as opposed to the amateurish film I have made).

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011
            There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
            Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
            he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
            livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
            how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
            Association to see what you can find.

            On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@...> wrote:

            > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
            > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that
            > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of
            > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
            > anything about it?
            >
            > Many thanks!
            >
            > Carol Lake
            > www.dancingdogfarm.com
            > NH, USA

          • Vin Lava
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 19, 2011
              Hi Carol,

              You might want to check out the link below. Philippines for Natural Farming, Inc. (PNFI) is an organization devoted to spreading the techniques of farming with Indigenous Micro-Organisms (IMO).

              Aside from using IMO for our plants, we also use IMO to raise pigs and other livestock without odor and with alternative feeds. Check it out here:

              It's an open group and anyone can browse and/or join.

              Here's one of our member's web site:

              http://solraya.blogspot.com/

              Best regards.

              Vin Lava

              On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@aol. com> wrote:

              > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a

              > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that

              > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of

              > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know

              > anything about it?

              > Many thanks!

              > Carol Lake

              > www.dancingdogfarm. com

              > NH, USA

            • KevFil
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 21, 2011
                University of Hawaii agriculture department has free info on I.M.O.,how to make,store and use I.M.O.s. This is the input you are looking for.No oders for hog,chicken,goat,etc. by making this and spraying over everything.Everything.Everything.

                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Troy Santos <troysantos@...> wrote:

                > There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
                > Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
                > he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
                > livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
                > how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
                > Association to see what you can find.
                >
                > On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
                > > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that
                > > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of
                > > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
                > > anything about it?
                > >
                > > Many thanks!
                > >
                > > Carol Lake
                > > www.dancingdogfarm.com
                > > NH, USA

              • Troy Santos
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 22, 2011
                  Yeah, Han Kyu Cho called his stuff, in English anyway, I.M.O.,
                  Indigenous Micro-organisms. And, I really doubt Fukuoka would have
                  encouraged anyone to make and use these preparations. The term
                  "Natural Farming" takes many shapes.

                  On 22/06/2011, KevFil <kevfil@...> wrote:
                  > University of Hawaii agriculture department has free info on I.M.O.,how to
                  > make,store and use I.M.O.s. This is the input you are looking for.No oders
                  > for hog,chicken,goat,etc. by making this and spraying over
                  > everything.Everything.Everything.
                  >
                  > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Troy Santos <troysantos@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
                  >> Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
                  >> he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
                  >> livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
                  >> how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
                  >> Association to see what you can find.
                  >>
                  >> On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
                  >> > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading
                  >> > that
                  >> > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some
                  >> > type of
                  >> > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
                  >> > anything about it?
                  >> >
                  >> > Many thanks!
                  >> >
                  >> > Carol Lake
                  >> > www.dancingdogfarm.com
                  >> > NH, USA

                • fujiinn
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 22, 2011
                    Can you please provide us with a link to these University of Hawaii resources?

                    --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "KevFil" <kevfil@...> wrote:

                    > University of Hawaii agriculture department has free info on I.M.O.,how to make,store and use I.M.O.s. This is the input you are looking for.No oders for hog,chicken,goat,etc. by making this and spraying over everything.Everything.Everything.
                    >
                    > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Troy Santos <troysantos@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
                    > > Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
                    > > he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
                    > > livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
                    > > how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
                    > > Association to see what you can find.
                    > >
                    > > On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
                    > > > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that
                    > > > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of
                    > > > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
                    > > > anything about it?
                    > > >
                    > > > Many thanks!
                    > > >
                    > > > Carol Lake
                    > > > www.dancingdogfarm.com
                    > > > NH, USA

                  • boiseculturejam
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 23, 2011
                      Just in case you didn't know, there is a microbe mix called EM-1, (effective microorganism), developed in Japan, supposedly from microbes that commonly exist in healthy forests around Earth.

                      I have grown it (from itself) and used it to try and bring microbial life into clay. I don't know it it worked for sure on that, but I have noticed it definitely speeds up the turning of compost into soil.

                      In the manual http://www.agriton.nl/apnanman.html it says you can feed it to livestock, and also use it for cleaning and reducing odor. I hope this helps.

                      peace and anarchy,
                      brad smith