Re: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 2011
      Like Harish said, if you have these trees near you, the simplest thing to do it take cuttings of the tree stick them in the ground. You will get your trees quickly, especially during the rainy season. btw, these are exotic to India.

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
        Hello,

        Here is the link to watch my programme (beyond profession)
        telecasted on Nov 8th as part of "Ghantaravam" on popular Telugu News Channel eTV2.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVxCMGTydk

        Ramki Bondada

        To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
          Ramki Garu,
          I have seen the video. It is good that you have shifted from software
          profession to agriculture(part time?). I remember seeing the pictures
          shared earlier.

          But, I have one concern. Nowhere in the video it was mentioned that
          natural or organic methods were being adopted in your orchard farming. On
          the contrary, it was mentioned that the latest scientific methods were
          employed to get good yields. If it is true, it is against the spirit of
          this group.

          Please also let us know your progress with natural methods if any.

          On a similar note, I watched a small snippet on ETV few months ago, about
          a man who had no hands ( only half of his upper arms remain) and growing
          vegetables naturally in a small piece of land given by government. He sells
          the produce locally in the nearby villages and makes a living. We should
          salute such people.

          Thanks and All the best.

          Yugandhar

          On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Ramki Bondada <bondada@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Here is the link to watch my programme (beyond profession)
          > telecasted on Nov 8th as part of "Ghantaravam" on popular Telugu News
          > Channel eTV2.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVxCMGTydk
          >
          > Ramki Bondada
          >

          > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kadakolla@...
          > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:49 +0530
          > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed
          >

          > Dear NF friends,
          >
          > I need gliricidea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliricidia_sepium) seed. I
          > am unable to find in my city or nearby. Please help me to find the seed.
          >
          > Can anyone help me to find and send me one KG seed. I need it badly. As
          > monsoon started here its right, time to do sowing, If I miss the
          > opportunity
          > I have to wait for one more year.
          >
          > If any one find in any shop in any city let inform me. I will send money
          > soon after I come to know.
          >
          > Hope some one will help me in this regards, Call me or send a SMS about
          > availability of seed on my mobile no. 07845807482
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Kumaraswamy
          >
          > 7845807482

        • Yugandhar S
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
            And also watch this farmer in Karnataka who is producing electricity for
            his home using water and wind power.

            Very innovative.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp72q4djxLQ

            --Yug