Re: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed

  • Harish Amur
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 2011
      These plants grow in abundance near and in our farm. However I did not know
      that we can collect their seeds. This spring, when they flower, I shall
      watch for the seeds. We use the plant twigs for growing more plants.

      Regards,
      Harish

      On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Ramki Bondada <bondada@...> wrote:

      > Hello Kumaraswamy,
      >
      > I have got gliricidea seeds from ICRISAT in Hyderabad.
      > Last year, I have grown plants and planted around boundary of my farm now.
      >
      > For better results, pl do sow them with in a month from the date of
      > collection.
      >
      > Wish you good luck.
      >
      > Ramki
      >

      > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      > From: kadakolla@...
      > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:49 +0530
      > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed
      >

      > Dear NF friends,
      >
      > I need gliricidea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliricidia_sepium) seed. I
      > am unable to find in my city or nearby. Please help me to find the seed.
      >
      > Can anyone help me to find and send me one KG seed. I need it badly. As
      > monsoon started here its right, time to do sowing, If I miss the
      > opportunity
      > I have to wait for one more year.
      >
      > If any one find in any shop in any city let inform me. I will send money
      > soon after I come to know.
      >
      > Hope some one will help me in this regards, Call me or send a SMS about
      > availability of seed on my mobile no. 07845807482
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Kumaraswamy
      >
      > 7845807482

    • Kumar Swamy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2011
        Dear Ramki,
        Thanks a lot for your information.
        can I have your cell no. I need to talk to you to discuss more about
        'ICRISAT. I will try to contact the organization if I fail to reach them can
        you arrange one KG of seed. Could you brief about how to get seed from them?
        Thanks a lot.
        Eagerly waiting for your reply.

        Regards,
        Kumaraswamy

        On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Ramki Bondada <bondada@...> wrote:

        > Hello Kumaraswamy,
        >
        > I have got gliricidea seeds from ICRISAT in Hyderabad.
        > Last year, I have grown plants and planted around boundary of my farm now.
        >
        > For better results, pl do sow them with in a month from the date of
        > collection.
        >
        > Wish you good luck.
        >
        > Ramki
        >

        > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
        > From: kadakolla@...
        > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:49 +0530
        > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed
        >

        > Dear NF friends,
        >
        > I need gliricidea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliricidia_sepium) seed. I
        > am unable to find in my city or nearby. Please help me to find the seed.
        >
        > Can anyone help me to find and send me one KG seed. I need it badly. As
        > monsoon started here its right, time to do sowing, If I miss the
        > opportunity
        > I have to wait for one more year.
        >
        > If any one find in any shop in any city let inform me. I will send money
        > soon after I come to know.
        >
        > Hope some one will help me in this regards, Call me or send a SMS about
        > availability of seed on my mobile no. 07845807482
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Kumaraswamy
        >
        > 7845807482

      • Kumar Swamy
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2011
          Dear Harish,
          I would like to know your place.Please let tell me your native place name.
          Thanks a lot

          Regards,
          Kumaraswamy

          On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

          > These plants grow in abundance near and in our farm. However I did not know
          > that we can collect their seeds. This spring, when they flower, I shall
          > watch for the seeds. We use the plant twigs for growing more plants.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Harish
          >

          > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Ramki Bondada <bondada@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hello Kumaraswamy,
          > >
          > > I have got gliricidea seeds from ICRISAT in Hyderabad.
          > > Last year, I have grown plants and planted around boundary of my farm
          > now.
          > >
          > > For better results, pl do sow them with in a month from the date of
          > > collection.
          > >
          > > Wish you good luck.
          > >
          > > Ramki
          > >

          > > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: kadakolla@...
          > > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:49 +0530
          > > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed
          > >

          > > Dear NF friends,
          > >
          > > I need gliricidea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliricidia_sepium) seed.
          > > am unable to find in my city or nearby. Please help me to find the seed.
          > >
          > > Can anyone help me to find and send me one KG seed. I need it badly. As
          > > monsoon started here its right, time to do sowing, If I miss the
          > > opportunity
          > > I have to wait for one more year.
          > >
          > > If any one find in any shop in any city let inform me. I will send money
          > > soon after I come to know.
          > >
          > > Hope some one will help me in this regards, Call me or send a SMS about
          > > availability of seed on my mobile no. 07845807482
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > Kumaraswamy
          > >
          > > 7845807482

        • Sumant Joshi
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2011
            Like Harish said, if you have these trees near you, the simplest thing to do it take cuttings of the tree stick them in the ground. You will get your trees quickly, especially during the rainy season. btw, these are exotic to India.

            Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

            Warm regards,

            Sumant Joshi
            Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
              Hello,

              Here is the link to watch my programme (beyond profession)
              telecasted on Nov 8th as part of "Ghantaravam" on popular Telugu News Channel eTV2.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVxCMGTydk

              Ramki Bondada

              To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
                Ramki Garu,
                I have seen the video. It is good that you have shifted from software
                profession to agriculture(part time?). I remember seeing the pictures
                shared earlier.

                But, I have one concern. Nowhere in the video it was mentioned that
                natural or organic methods were being adopted in your orchard farming. On
                the contrary, it was mentioned that the latest scientific methods were
                employed to get good yields. If it is true, it is against the spirit of
                this group.

                Please also let us know your progress with natural methods if any.

                On a similar note, I watched a small snippet on ETV few months ago, about
                a man who had no hands ( only half of his upper arms remain) and growing
                vegetables naturally in a small piece of land given by government. He sells
                the produce locally in the nearby villages and makes a living. We should
                salute such people.

                Thanks and All the best.

                Yugandhar

                On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Ramki Bondada <bondada@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > Here is the link to watch my programme (beyond profession)
                > telecasted on Nov 8th as part of "Ghantaravam" on popular Telugu News
                > Channel eTV2.
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVxCMGTydk
                >
                > Ramki Bondada
                >

                > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
                > From: kadakolla@...
                > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:27:49 +0530
                > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Help me to find Gliricidia seed
                >

                > Dear NF friends,
                >
                > I need gliricidea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliricidia_sepium) seed. I
                > am unable to find in my city or nearby. Please help me to find the seed.
                >
                > Can anyone help me to find and send me one KG seed. I need it badly. As
                > monsoon started here its right, time to do sowing, If I miss the
                > opportunity
                > I have to wait for one more year.
                >
                > If any one find in any shop in any city let inform me. I will send money
                > soon after I come to know.
                >
                > Hope some one will help me in this regards, Call me or send a SMS about
                > availability of seed on my mobile no. 07845807482
                >
                > Thanks in advance.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Kumaraswamy
                >
                > 7845807482

              • Yugandhar S
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 10, 2011
                  And also watch this farmer in Karnataka who is producing electricity for
                  his home using water and wind power.

                  Very innovative.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp72q4djxLQ

                  --Yug