reforestation in arid lands

  • KONSTANTINOS
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
      This is a very interesting book, on efforts to reforest arid/degraded lands - the book can be downloaded at http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNABC330.pdf

      The authors have faced the same issues we are facing in arid zones - they (Fred R. Weber and Carol Stoney) do a very good job describing many the challenges and techniques involved in reforesting degraded areas - I think we have a much better way of reforesting by seed balls and through aerial seeding, but the book is good reading material
      Kostas
    • Sylvain Picker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2011
        For those interested by the Bill and Melinda fondation. They had a challenge about showing that the small farmer is the answer. You can see my small contribution at http://www.ogbuzz.com/mama-challenge.html
        The ogbuzz.com website (still heavily in construction) is my new effort to spread the idea of growing fruit and nut trees from seeds.

      • Sumant Joshi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2011
          There are many such unsung heroes all over the world. heres another couple
          http://www.goodnewsindia.com/Pages/content/inspirational/thimmakka.html

          Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

          Warm regards,

          Sumant Joshi