jowar straw mulching

  • Harish Amur
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2011
      Thank you for helping me with a few doubts about irrigation earlier. I have
      more questions!

      Jowar(Sorghum) straw for mulching: We have harvested jowar and some of the
      straw is with us. Now we are trying to grow some sugarcane and corn. We have
      also planted several trees. Can we use jowar straw as mulching for these
      crops and trees? Does jowar straw attract rats? Do rats spoil trees and
      crops by eating their roots?

      Thank you!

      Regards,
      Harish