Re:

  • Raghava Aikanthika
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2011
      Hi  Harish Amur,

      u can grow vegetables without irrigation. Tomatoes do not need irrigation ,as
      said by Nandan, they can sustain with morning dew drops.
      perrinials like drumstick can sustain due to transpiration of groundwater. there
      is nothing wrong in irrigation in natural farming. even Fukuoka has not said the
      rule - 'no irrigation'.

       good to hear from u, because one more NF practioner near to my place (
      Davangere ). To keep in touch send contact no.

      Raghava.
      Just my thoughts now!

      It is evident that plants need moisture and air than water alone.
      When there is enough thick layer of mulch available it protects the
      soil moisture from drying up and the earthworms dig the soil under
      mulch cover which eases the air passage. And the plants take water
      vapor under humid conditions. Even in dry summer , you could have seen
      water condensing during nights to the soil . This water is arrested in
      the soil by mulch and prevented from vaporising thus making it
      available for the plants.
      This is just my understanding and I am not sure how far it is true.

      Boovarahan S