Sandy soil

  • Yugandhar S
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2011
      Hi,
      Can anyone tell me what kind of crops and trees do not grow/do grow in
      sandy, partly sandy soils on land which is barely 3 km from coast. The place
      is situated on the east coast of northern andhra pradesh in India. Do
      vegetables grow in such sand? Do most fruit and fuel trees grow there?

      I have seen casuarina, eucalyptus, cashew, coconuts, grains like rice etc
      growing there. It seems groundnut was grown extensively few years ago but
      not any more.

      Regards
      Yugandhar