Re: [fukuoka_farming] our farm

  • Jason Wicker
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 4 12:16 PM
      Shashi,
      Wow, so sad,so much hatred in the hearts of some people.
      It is a new moon and this can bring out the worse in the human spirit.
      I will say a prayer for you and wish you the best in recovering from
      this senselessness.
      Jason from NJ

      On 3/3/11, Shashi Kumar <kumar.shashi@...> wrote:
      > our natural farm, which we used as learning ground from past 4 years, was
      > gutted down in fire today afternoon around 2:00pm by miscreants (in the
      > earlier attempt almost a year and half back, miscreants destroyed all the
      > honey bee hives, 15 of them by fire). farm was full of dried mulch (start of
      > summer), it was very easy for fire to engulf each and everything on the
      > farm, we had almost all fruit plants, 10 cents of paddy field, banana
      > plants, beautiful canopy, wonderful neem, hardy bamboo, farm pond with 8
      > tailor bird nests hanging on top from pongemia tree and you name it we had
      > it, everything is gutted now
      >
      > feeling little down right now, but again this is not the first instance of
      > adjacent farmers setting fire to natural farms in India, natural farms are
      > seen as a "weed seed generators" by farmers.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Shashi
      >
      > yours always alert moderator.

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 28 6:46 AM
        For people interested to know what happened to my moonbeam tree , have a
        look at the attached photos.

        Boovarahan S