Re: our farm

  • KONSTANTINOS
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 4, 2011
      I am sorry to hear about your loss Shashi.

      My experience is that some of the trees will bounce right back - trees such as acacia trees cannot be burned - they sprout immediately, and every farm should have many of these, as Fukuoka San recommended.
      I am also sure that after your initial shock, you will recover and will restore your land to its former beauty.

      Kostas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Shashi Kumar <kumar.shashi@...> wrote:

      > thanks for all the support.
      >
      > We are sure we will bounce back.
      >
      > Here are some of the photos after fire
      >
      > https://picasaweb.google.com/kumar.shashi/OurFarmPhotosAfterFire .I will
      > augment with some more photos later....
      >
      > We tried reviving some of the fruit plants (mango, blue berry & gooseberry)
      > by providing water not sure how it will help tough we are not sure of how
      > many will survive as well.
      >
      > Regards
      > Shashi
      >

      > On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Kumar Swamy <kadakolla@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Very Sad Shashi *:-(*
      > >
      > > One and half month back some sheep keepers had set blaze to my farm in the
      > > eye witness of many people. Reason was my father had not allowed their
      > > sheep
      > > to graze in the farm. Fortunately, my cousin brothers along with his
      > > friends
      > > and few more people succeeded to put off the fire. They succeeded to save
      > > half portion. And most imported thing was they were not allowed fire to
      > > spread towards strong life fence. Thanks a lot to fire fighters.
      > >
      > > Since last two years we were not disturbed the farm. We left it alone. Due
      > > to this thick weeds and grass bed had formed. Wide biodiversity was farmed.
      > > I was planning to do some NF experiment in this thick grass bed. But fire
      > > had danced by burning this thick bed. Almost half portion of the four acres
      > > had burnt. How to deal with these evil mindset people? Only Creature (GOD)
      > > has to give the answerer.
      > >
      > > Let's try again and again. This is what we can do.
      > >
      > > Praying! Lets give you strength to set same vegetation soon at your farm.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Kumaraswamy.
      > >

      > > On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Nandan Palaparambil
      > > <p_k_nandanan@...>wrote:
      > >

      > > > Shashi,
      > > >
      > > > This is sad news..
      > > >
      > > > I have heard similar incidents before..
      > > > Santhosh Koulagi (Translator od One straw revolution to Kannada) of
      > > Melkote
      > > > had told me the same thing, his farm was set fire multiple times and one
      > > Mr.
      > > > Ali Manik Fan in tamilnadu and he had lost everything.
      > > >
      > > > My farm also had been set fire once but it destroyed only one small
      > > > portion. To my surprise one mango tree which caught fire again came back.
      > > >
      > > > It is difficult to understand people's state of mind, even if you don't
      > > do
      > > > any harm to them, some time people act weird.
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > > Nandan
      > > >
      > > > First they ignore you, then they laugh
      > > > at you, then they fight
      > > > you, then you win.
      > > > - Mahatma
      > > > Gandhi

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 28, 2011
        For people interested to know what happened to my moonbeam tree , have a
        look at the attached photos.

        Boovarahan S