Re: [fukuoka_farming] our farm

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 3, 2011
      I'm really very sorry for and saddened by this.
      I didn't know it could go this low.
      Here in France they destroy GMO crops, but a NATURAL FARM?????

      Courage!
      RUTHIE
      2011/3/3 Shashi Kumar <kumar.shashi@...>

      > our natural farm, which we used as learning ground from past 4 years, was
      > gutted down in fire today afternoon around 2:00pm by miscreants (in the
      > earlier attempt almost a year and half back, miscreants destroyed all the
      > honey bee hives, 15 of them by fire). farm was full of dried mulch (start
      > of
      > summer), it was very easy for fire to engulf each and everything on the
      > farm, we had almost all fruit plants, 10 cents of paddy field, banana
      > plants, beautiful canopy, wonderful neem, hardy bamboo, farm pond with 8
      > tailor bird nests hanging on top from pongemia tree and you name it we had
      > it, everything is gutted now
      >
      > feeling little down right now, but again this is not the first instance of
      > adjacent farmers setting fire to natural farms in India, natural farms are
      > seen as a "weed seed generators" by farmers.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Shashi
      >
      > yours always alert moderator.

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 28, 2011
        For people interested to know what happened to my moonbeam tree , have a
        look at the attached photos.

        Boovarahan S