our farm

  • Shashi Kumar
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 3, 2011
      our natural farm, which we used as learning ground from past 4 years, was
      gutted down in fire today afternoon around 2:00pm by miscreants (in the
      earlier attempt almost a year and half back, miscreants destroyed all the
      honey bee hives, 15 of them by fire). farm was full of dried mulch (start of
      summer), it was very easy for fire to engulf each and everything on the
      farm, we had almost all fruit plants, 10 cents of paddy field, banana
      plants, beautiful canopy, wonderful neem, hardy bamboo, farm pond with 8
      tailor bird nests hanging on top from pongemia tree and you name it we had
      it, everything is gutted now

      feeling little down right now, but again this is not the first instance of
      adjacent farmers setting fire to natural farms in India, natural farms are
      seen as a "weed seed generators" by farmers.

      regards

      Shashi

      yours always alert moderator.

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 28, 2011
        For people interested to know what happened to my moonbeam tree , have a
        look at the attached photos.

        Boovarahan S