Re: central repository of ideas: Food security link

  • John Kintree
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2011
      The link to the WiserEarth wikipage on Food security is:

      http://www.wiserearth.org/article/a35a9592f8d9cfa48a997b2c6b2b921c

      Regards,

      John Kintree

      --- On Thu, 2/10/11, John Kintree <jkintree@...> wrote:

      I first discovered the life and work of Masanobu Fukuoka a few weeks ago while researching and contributing to a WiserEarth wikipage on "Food security."  A major part of my time in the last few weeks has been spent reading "The One-Straw Revolution" and then "The Natural Way of Farming" and then the archive of messages from this Fukuoka Farming listserv.

      It's a shame that the archive ended in February of 2006.  I was enjoying getting to know the participants of this group, and am sad to see that some, apparently, left the group in the last
      few years since the archive ended.

      Anyway, there is a section in the Food Security wikipage with information about Masanobu Fukuoka and the natural way of farming.  Additional links to resources sharing experiences from previous trials are welcome in that wikipage.  Any member of WiserEarth, a social networking site for environmentalists and activists, can edit wikipages.  WiserEarth membership is free.
      Regards,
      John Kintree

      --- On Thu, 2/10/11, Ivana Balazevic-Fisher <ivana_bf@...> wrote:
      I agree with the view that it will take many many things, some smaller
      some bigger, for us to get back onto the right track.

      Is there a central repository for ideas as to what could be tried, and for experiences resulting from those trials? Can it be set up?

      Greetings to all

      Ivana

    • Ivana Balazevic-Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2011
         Thank you for the link, John

        Ivana

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2011
          Hi Friends

          Can u please suggest on planting Melia Dubia plants as plantaion crops. I have seen so many articles on the same, but few of them from nursery firms, who wanted to sell the plants, hence give a rosy picture about the same. Let me know the following
          1) What is the no of plants fit in an acre for plantation
          2) Year to grow a matured tree
          3) The yield per tree - tonnage- average
          4) Is the tree is pest resistant?? and does not need to be much cared about and the irrigation required

          Regards
          Satya

          MARKETPLACE

          Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

          Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

          .

        • Raju Titus
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2011
            *Melia dubia* - Clenergen
            Corporation<http://www.clenergen.com/biomass/melia-dubia>
            *Melia dubia* originates from the Meliaceae family and is an indigenous
            species of *...* value makes it a viable source of feedstock for biomass
            power *plants*. *...*

            On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, S K Kamath <kamath_satya@...>wrote:

            > Hi Friends
            >
            > Can u please suggest on planting Melia Dubia plants as plantaion crops. I
            > have seen so many articles on the same, but few of them from nursery firms,
            > who wanted to sell the plants, hence give a rosy picture about the same. Let
            > me know the following
            > 1) What is the no of plants fit in an acre for plantation
            > 2) Year to grow a matured tree
            > 3) The yield per tree - tonnage- average
            > 4) Is the tree is pest resistant?? and does not need to be much cared about
            > and the irrigation required
            >
            > Regards
            > Satya
            >

            > MARKETPLACE
            >

            > Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get
            > the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
            >

            > Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit
            > the Fibromyalgia Zone today!
            >
            > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use
            >

            > .

            Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
            +919179738049.
            http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus<http://picasawebalbum.google.com/rajuktitus>
            fukuoka_farming yahoogroup

          • 倩 冯
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
              Now we are facing a very serious problem---- the bees are disappearing,they are killed by chemicals,pesticides,deforesting,climate change and some unknown reasons.

              Einstain said:without bees,we can only survive for 4 years on the earth.

              However,we are still building big building all over the world,we only care about the money in our pockets.I feel very sad for this.

              How can we let more and more people know the truth that the econmy can not compare with the nature.Can we stop them?

              Christine

            • Sumant Joshi
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 13, 2011
                I have read somewhere that the electromagnetic emissions from mobile towers are very harmful to bees.

                Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                Warm regards,

                Sumant Joshi
                Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161