RE: Sustainable Design and Suburban Permaculture Certification Program

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2011
      "My experience in the course was invaluable. I find myself with a
      new permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world
      around me in a way that I feel leads to making more conscious
      decisions and living better in harmony with the earth."
      - Deborah F., Course Graduate

      We invite you to join an unforgettable program at a model suburban
      sustainability community in Oregon, learning sustainable design
      & permaculture with some of the world's most renowned instructors!
      Gain cutting-edge skills in nature-inspired sustainable design
      that's applicable virtually anywhere design is used -- from green
      businesses to your own back yard.

      What: Sustainable Design Certificate Program in Urban Permaculture
      Dates: April 2 - 17
      Location: Eugene, Oregon - Organic meals and lodging included!

      -- Sign up early and save 25% on course tuition! --
      -- More info @ http://www.commoncircle.com/permie --

      This course will combine critical design skills with leadership,
      nature connection, and most importantly an urban focus. This
      course builds upon the internationally-recognized Permaculture
      Design Certification curriculum.

      You'll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-economies
      and communities, using sustainable design principles that are
      applicable to every human system, from businesses, communities,
      and cities to personal relationships.

      Because of our unique focus on Urban and Suburban solutions,
      our courses are radically different from most other programs,
      teaching permaculture as a design science rooted in nature.
      With over 50% of the world's population in cities, we must
      meet people where they live with real sustainable solutions.

      -- Sign up early and save 25% on course tuition! --
      -- More info @ http://www.commoncircle.com/permie --

      Starting by learning the lessons from nature with some of the
      world's most renowned organic farming experts, we will then look
      at how to apply what we learned from the soil and the water to
      building sustainable, lasting institutions.

      During the workshop, we will talk about:

      * Principles of Permaculture and Sustainable Design
      * Smart Design through Careful Site Analysis
      * Recognizing Patterns of Natural and Human Systems
      * Reading the Landscape & Understanding Natural Cycles
      * Soil regeneration and Landscape Restoration
      * Food Forests, Trees & Gardening Design
      * Water Harvesting, Conservation, and Grey Water System Design
      * Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology
      * Natural Building Design
      * Waste Recycling and Treatment
      * Aquaculture and Animals
      * Agroforestry and Forest Gardening
      * Useful Plants and Planting Strategies
      * Patterns of Settlement
      * Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
      * Designing Sustainable Cities through Sustainable Economies

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Common Circle Education is the nation's ecological design and
      sustainable living school with courses in Oregon, Hawaii and
      California; our instructors are some of the most well-known
      leaders in sustainability, organics and permaculture design.

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible,
      life-changing experiential course!

      Much gratitude,

      Vladislav for Common Circle Education
      commoncircle.com

      --
      common circle education
      14525 sw millikan way, suite 17760, beaverton, or 97005