Off topic message but interesting

  • Boovarahan Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
      Dear All,

      Received this mail and found interesting though not directly related to
      natural farming.
      May be understandable on a broader perspective.

      Boovarahan S

      *Last 3 Wishes of ALEXANDER the Great.***

      *
      *

      *Alexander, after conquering many kingdoms, was returning home. On the way,
      he fell ill and it took him to his death bed. With death staring him in his
      face, Alexander realized how his conquests, his great army, his sharp sword
      and all his wealth were of no consequence. He now longed to reach home to
      see his mother's face and bid her his last adieu. But, he had to accept the
      fact that his sinking health would not permit him to reach his distant
      homeland. So, the mighty conqueror lay prostrate and pale, helplessly
      waiting to breathe his last. He called his generals and said, "I will depart
      from this world soon, I have three wishes, please carry them out without
      fail."*

      *
      *

      *With tears flowing down their cheeks, the generals agreed to abide by their
      king's last wishes.*

      * *

      *1) "My first desire is that", said Alexander, "My physicians alone must"
      carry my coffin." *

      *2) After a pause, he continued, "Secondly, I desire that when my coffin is
      being carried to the grave, the path leading to the graveyard be strewn with
      gold, silver and precious stones which I have collected in my treasury".*

      *3) The king felt exhausted after saying this. He took a minute's rest and
      continued. "My third and last wish is that both my hands be kept dangling
      out of my coffin".*

      *
      *

      *The people who had gathered there wondered at the king's strange wishes.
      But no one dared bring the question to their lips. Alexander's favorite
      general kissed his hand and pressed them to his heart. "O king, we assure
      you that all your wishes will be fulfilled. But tell us why do you make such
      strange wishes?" At this Alexander took a deep breath and said: "I would
      like the world to know of the three *

      *lessons I have just learnt.*

      *
      *

      *Lessons to be learnt from last 3 wishes of King Alexander...*

      *
      *

      *1.I want my physicians to carry my coffin because people should realize
      that no doctor on this earth can really cure anybody. They are powerless and
      cannot save a person from the clutches of death.*

      *Let not people take life for granted.*

      *
      *

      *2.The second wish of strewing gold, silver and other riches on the path to
      the graveyard is to tell People that not even a fraction of gold will come
      with me. I spent all my life Greed of Power, earning riches but cannot take
      anything with me.*

      *Let people realize that it is a sheer waste of time to chase wealth.*

      *
      *

      *3.And about my third wish of having my hands dangling out of the coffin, I
      wish people to know that I came empty handed into this world and empty
      handed I go out of this world".*

      *
      *

      *With these words, the king closed his eyes.Soon he let death conquer him
      and breathed his last. . . .*

      * *

      *LESSON TO LEARN:*

      *
      *

      *Remember, your Health is in your own hands, look after it.*

      *Wealth is only meaningful if you can share and also enjoy while you are
      still alive, kicking & healthy.*

      *What you do for yourself, dies with you.*

      *But what you do for others will live for ever.*

      *Leave the �Legacy� behind.*

    • Sumant Joshi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
        Interesting and .......Inspiring