Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Air Potato (dioscorea bulbifera) question

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2011
      <Raju - thank for providing the link to pictures of the plant.
      Could you tell us anything about how it is used in India?
      Some sources say it is toxic - is it a situation like cassava/manioc
      where some preparation or processing is required to make it
      safe to eat?>
      This is eaten in my place just by roasting. This is not very common. After
      rainy season it appears in market some traditional farmers bring this in
      market for sale. But it is very tasty and having nice flavor.
      As per Fukuoka one can judge food by its flavor and taste. Tasty always good
      for eating.
      Thanks
      Raju

      --