Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: discussion forum

  • Larry Haftl
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
      From: Castillo Gallery <castilloga@...>
      To: <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 6:33 AM
      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Re: discussion forum

      > good morning
      >
      > i feel that a discussion forum would be great for this topic...i have
      > started one at
      >
      > http://forums.delphiforums.com/fukuoka
      >
      > go there and see if you like it...it was free...i used an inaccurate email
      > address (by accident) to register ...so far there has been no problem with
      > that...we'll see
      >
      > i think online forums are great...let's see if this brand is
      > comfortable...we can always switch to another free company
      >
      > tzz22

      This is almost as amusing as it is confusing. Because you thought the topic
      of this disccusion forum was interesting you decided to start another
      discussion forum on it? Why?

      Larry Haftl
      Journalist * Photographer * Videographer
      www.LarryHaftl.com
    • Castillo Gallery
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
        larry:

        don't be too confused...it's quite simple...have you participated in a forum
        before online?

        email discussion groups (this yahoo group is an email group obviously) and
        internet forums are quite different concepts

        in this group, if i want to ask a question or make a statement, everyone in
        the group MUST read it because it comes to you as an email....this is great
        but may not be the best way for everyone, all the time, for every topic
        discussed...for instance, everyone must read your email to me and perhaps
        not everyone cares about this...perhaps not everyone wants to hear me react
        to your thinly veiled insult...sort presuming i am ignorant

        someone with your reaction i can only assume has no interest in expanding
        your online interaction and trying out the forum....that's ok with me...i
        don't mean to try to steal this forum's thunder...it's weird that you would
        react this way

        forums offer the possibility of more specialized and focused
        discussions...sort of easier to have a conversation without bogging down
        everyone's email

        anyway i don't think people in this realm of permaculture and natural
        farming have anything to fear from my proposal

        tzz22
        >> i feel that a discussion forum would be great for this topic...i have
        >> started one at
        >>
        >> http://forums.delphiforums.com/fukuoka
        >>
        >> go there and see if you like it...it was free...i used an inaccurate
        email
        >> address (by accident) to register ...so far there has been no problem
        with
        >> that...we'll see
        >>
        >> i think online forums are great...let's see if this brand is
        >> comfortable...we can always switch to another free company
        >>
        >> tzz22
        >>

        >This is almost as amusing as it is confusing. Because you thought the topic
        >of this disccusion forum was interesting you decided to start another
        >discussion forum on it? Why?
        >

        >Larry Haftl
        >Journalist * Photographer * Videographer
        >www.LarryHaftl.com

      • Chuck West
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
          I tend to agree with Larry, although I am disappointed that this discussion
          is even taking place. Without knowing anything more than what I've seen of
          this person (does it have a name, or is "tzz22" really all there is), I have
          to admit that after more than 5 years on the internet, every time I've come
          across someone who's entered an perfectly good _existing_ discussion group
          and announced they're starting one of their own to cover the same ground,
          what's REALLY been at issue is that individual's desire to be the center of
          attention. I'll stick with this group (and mostly I've just lurked, anyway)
          and wish those of you who decide to follow a different path only the best. I
          want to learn how to be a better gardener, more in tune with nature and at
          peace with my environment. Enthusiasm and innovation I enjoy.
          Attention-seeking behavior, on the other hand, is not what I'm here to deal
          with. As a therapist I get paid a lot of money to cure children of that
          affliction. This, for me, is just fun.

          Chuck in Indiana

          > don't be too confused...it's quite simple...have you participated in a
          forum
          > before online?
          >
          > email discussion groups (this yahoo group is an email group obviously) and
          > internet forums are quite different concepts
          >
          > in this group, if i want to ask a question or make a statement, everyone
          in
          > the group MUST read it because it comes to you as an email....this is
          great
          > but may not be the best way for everyone, all the time, for every topic
          > discussed...for instance, everyone must read your email to me and perhaps
          > not everyone cares about this...perhaps not everyone wants to hear me
          react
          > to your thinly veiled insult...sort presuming i am ignorant
          >
          > someone with your reaction i can only assume has no interest in expanding
          > your online interaction and trying out the forum....that's ok with me...i
          > don't mean to try to steal this forum's thunder...it's weird that you
          would
          > react this way
          >
          > forums offer the possibility of more specialized and focused
          > discussions...sort of easier to have a conversation without bogging down
          > everyone's email
          >
          > anyway i don't think people in this realm of permaculture and natural
          > farming have anything to fear from my proposal
          >
          > tzz22

        • Castillo Gallery
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
            dear "chuck to the rescue":

            did you even bother to read my email that stated why i felt a forum might be
            of use?

            you are a therapist? and with such little information you are ready to
            diagnose me as an attention starved person who seeks to lead gardeners on a
            "different path"? are we not capable of travelling different paths to the
            same end?

            you guys seem to lack a certain skill to be in the world with others

            wow...this is very strange...if i ever move to indiana i will be sure to
            steer clear of therapists named "chuck"

            do you guys even have a garden? or are you just fukuoka "wannabes"?

            signed,

            tzz22
            >I tend to agree with Larry, although I am disappointed that this discussion
            >is even taking place. Without knowing anything more than what I've seen of
            >this person (does it have a name, or is "tzz22" really all there is), I
            have
            >to admit that after more than 5 years on the internet, every time I've come
            >across someone who's entered an perfectly good _existing_ discussion group
            >and announced they're starting one of their own to cover the same ground,
            >what's REALLY been at issue is that individual's desire to be the center of
            >attention. I'll stick with this group (and mostly I've just lurked, anyway)
            >and wish those of you who decide to follow a different path only the best.
            >want to learn how to be a better gardener, more in tune with nature and at
            >peace with my environment. Enthusiasm and innovation I enjoy.
            >Attention-seeking behavior, on the other hand, is not what I'm here to deal
            >with. As a therapist I get paid a lot of money to cure children of that
            >affliction. This, for me, is just fun.
            >
            >Chuck in Indiana

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • souscayrous
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
              Isn't this a discussion forum?

              If I'm missing something someone let me know?

              Souscayrous

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                dear souscayrous:

                i sent a few emails to this group explaining why i thought an email
                discussion forum (like this one) might be supplemented by a discussion forum
                in a different format

                not replaced but augmented by it

                i guess i touched a nerve

                several very vocal objectors have slammed me for it

                "larry the artist" ridiculed me

                "chuck the healer" diagnosed me with emotional problems and accused me of
                treason

                "nottyboy" vehemently rejected my use of the term "permaculture" (?????)

                even your light sarcasm cannot be ignored in light of these other soft
                attacks and especially after i tried to explain the answer to your question
                in other emails

                i can't express my dismay in all this but i accept the random nature of all
                things...i certainly did not attack anyone out of the same fear that i hear
                from the above mentioned parties

                perhaps a moderator, if there is one, could banish me from this forum for my
                insubordination