Re: Looking for a book

  • emiekomieko
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
      I am a Japanese who had actually worked with late Mr.Fukuoka for years and I have the book you mentioned.

      By the way, can you suggest anyone who wrote the article of Masanobu Fukuoka in wikipedia which has been renewed/updated?

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone suggest how to get a copy of Mu 1 the God revolution?
      > Thanks

    • Jason Wicker
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
        Thanks for the e-mail.
        It must have been a great experience for you to work with Mr. Fukuoka.
        I am not sure how Wikipedia works but I think anyone can offer an
        update and it appears that Mr Fukuoka's page was updated today.
        Could you give me some ideas on the best way to find a copy of his
        book in the states?
        Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR from NJ, USA!

        On 12/31/10, emiekomieko <emiekomieko@...> wrote:
        > I am a Japanese who had actually worked with late Mr.Fukuoka for years and I
        > have the book you mentioned.
        >
        > By the way, can you suggest anyone who wrote the article of Masanobu Fukuoka
        > in wikipedia which has been renewed/updated?
        >

        > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Can anyone suggest how to get a copy of Mu 1 the God revolution?
        >> Thanks

      • Jason Stewart
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
          Hello Ms. Mieko,
          and a biggest welcome.

          Please feel free to discuss as much as you have time for here.
          <my very big smile>

          Best wishes,

          Jason Stewart
          south-eastern Oz (vernacular for Australia)

          ________________________________
          I am a Japanese who had actually worked with late Mr.Fukuoka for years and I
          have the book you mentioned.

          By the way, can you suggest anyone who wrote the article of Masanobu Fukuoka in
          wikipedia which has been renewed/updated?

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone suggest how to get a copy of Mu 1 the God revolution?
          > Thanks

        • Jason Stewart
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25, 2011
            Dear 'emiekomieko' and all,
            A really big welcome here to this group!
            Re: late Mr. Fukuoka Masanobu's "Mu 1: The God Revolution" book.

            I'm interested in reading this book for my reading research, in addition to
            my active practise of "自然農法 (shizen nōhō, nature farming)" over the last several
            years.
            However, a puzzle about it remains in my mind making it a little questionable
            in my mind, as follows: Amazon.com (US), from a previous seller's bibliographic
            information provided into Amazon, lists it's product bibliographic details as
            1st published in 1964 *and* translated by internationally notable Japanese to
            English translator Alfred Birnbaum. However, using Wikipedia and translator
            biographical information available via Google search, internationally notable
            Japanese to English translator Alfred Birnbaum was born in 1955 and started
            translating in earnest in the 1980s, making it impossible that he translated it
            in 1964, at only 9 years old. Alternatively, was it in fact translated, then
            published in 1994, as i've read in international library catalogues elsewhere,
            such as Japanese libraries? Please advise me and us all on the book's
            (product's) details, more than the Amazon page provides. Perhaps, Would you
            please add a photograph in to Amazon.com of the book's publication page (of
            course inside the cover in one of the first few pages, usually of course
            opposite the inside title page).

            BTW, i'm researching this subject area. Thanks for your time,
            Biggest best wishes to all,

            Jason Stewart
            —in practice (at the moment in summer season) in the nature farm,
            region:far east gippsland,
            state: Victoria,
            Oz (vernacular for so called Australia). email: macropneuma@... mobile
            phone: +61 (0) 407 152 001 References for above puzzle questions
            ============================ About Alfred Birnbaum: ->
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Birnbaum ->
            http://www.jpf.go.jp/e/intel/study/symposium/murakami/guests.html#Alfred
            Libraries official bibliographic details' links about these 2 little known books
            English translations of late Mr. Fukuoka sensei (福岡正信): 1: "The God's
            farming" -translator is not mentioned in the catalog records below- "〔1993?〕.
            350 p. : ill. ; 26 cm." -- From WorldCat ,the U.S. American based world library
            catalog, OCLC: -> http://www.worldcat.org/title/gods-farming/oclc/674460218 --
            From Japan's National Diet (/Congress/Parliament) Library Catalog: ->
            http://opac.ndl.go.jp/recordid/000002369367/eng 2: "Mu I: The God Revolution"
            Translated by Firnbaum/Birnbaum, Alfred (from his Japanese book: "無 神の革命")
            publication date is uncertain: 1964?/1984?/1994? -- Mr. Fukuoka himself
            mentions this Japanese book he published very early - paraphrasing him: 40 years
            ago, in about 1992-1987 - He mentions it in writing in his Japanese
            recapitulation 1992 book, quoting here from the 1996 translation to English of
            this Recapitulation, page 170: "... Forty years ago I wrote about this and the
            hereafter in *Mu I*" -- The photo of this book seen here in Amazon: ->
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000X6K4Y8 (not sure, based on
            different info sources if Amazon's date of 1964 could be correct at all) --
            Jean-Claude Catry wrote about his copy of one of these two books, here: ->
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/message/3763?threaded=1&p=19
            quoting his words: "i have a copy of his first book written in the 40"s "the
            god's farming " ..." -- Mentioned in the Ramon Magsaysay Award biography of Mr.
            Fukuoka sensei, reference list: ->
            http://www.rmaf.org.ph/Awardees/Biography/BiographyFukuokaMas.htm -- WebCat
            Plus (Japanese) page of 福岡 正信 Fukuoka Masanobu's publications, with 41 listings.
            Japanese national extensive publications catalogue ->
            http://webcatplus.nii.ac.jp/webcatplus/details/creator/2413836.html

            ________________________________
            I am a Japanese who had actually worked with late Mr.Fukuoka for years and I
            have the book you mentioned.

            By the way, can you suggest anyone who wrote the article of Masanobu Fukuoka in
            wikipedia which has been renewed/updated?

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone suggest how to get a copy of Mu 1 the God revolution?
            > Thanks

          • Jason Stewart
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 25, 2011
              Has everyone seen the photography, Japanese writing & captions, and English
              writing in this group provided by Brian Okhubo Covert, international journalist
              working in Japan?
              .
              G'day friend Brian,
              if you're still here?
              How's it going there in Japan?
              I appreciate your professional work... .

              Brian's personal web page including his professional journalism writing and
              photography:
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
              http://web.mac.com/inochi4/
              Then click the Photos link at the top of that page!
              Then click the individual photos or the slideshow icon on the left column.

              (He provided this URL above in a longer specific form for the Fukuoka farms
              visit page and its photos, which was a bit stuffed up by Yahoo group message
              processing in his original two message here.)
              I'd (we'd) love an English translation of all that page's Japanese text and
              photos' caption's text please Brian? I'm slow (but still effective) at reading &
              translation.
              .
              .
              English writing of his is here – Great, wonderful messages! – thanks again
              Brian.:
              Extract of beginning: "Hello,

              Thanks very much for sharing the stories of Masanobu Fukuoka's visit
              to India some years ago. It is very heartwarming and inspiring to read.
              .
              I have seen some of Fukuoka's visit to India as it appeared on a
              Japanese video documentary, and indeed Fukuoka appeared impressed
              with what he was seeing on Indian farms.
              .
              Just to let our fellow list members in India and beyond know: I had
              the chance to visit the Fukuoka Farms on the Japanese island of
              Shikoku during this summer, and it too was inspiring. More than just

              a visit, it felt like a kind of sacred pilgrimage to me.
              " --continues in that message.
              .
              Wed Aug 25, 2010
              -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/message/10978
              Extract of beginning: "
              Dear Yugandhar,
              .
              Thank you very much for your reply.
              .
              Yes, I too feel that I was very lucky (and honored) indeed to have
              been able to allowed to spend a couple days at the Fukuoka Farms here
              in Japan. It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
              > I am saying this because, some earlier e-mails on this group
              > seeking the whereabouts of Fukuoka's farm and clarification about
              > his son's
              > supposed adoption of organic methods on the farm, were unanswered.

              .
              I had a chance briefly to meet Masato, the son of the elder Fukuoka,
              who came to greet me on my arrival there, but didn't have any time to
              talk since he seemed very busy.
              " --continues in that message.
              .
              .
              Brian Okhubo Covert's earlier and introductory messages to our group here, are:
              .
              Mon Mar 30, 2009
              -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/message/9221
              .