Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Eucalypts

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 7, 2010
      Hi Norm,

      A couple of people (Rajuji, Kumaraswamy +??) have been reporting that green gram (moong dal) can be used instead of white clover. Also there has been a suggestion that cow pea also can be used..But I think this research has to be done in more fields and a working system like Fukuoka's style of paddy has to come up.

      Please read Fukuoka san's statement on white clover in the following interview..

      http://thepines.blogspot.com/2009/07/pines-i-notice-that-youre-drawing.html -

      "Hmmm... my climate is totally unlike his, so rather than use white
      clover, I'll try this other ground cover." That line of reasoning could
      well take you off the track and lead you down a lot of blind alleys!
      Clover is necessary to keep the weeds back and replenish the soil.

      Regards,
      Nandan