About wheat seeds & about growing wheat

  • dobighazameen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2010
      Dear friends,
      While preparing to plant wheat i realised its almost impossible to find
      local indigenous seeds from my area (65kms from Pune). So ended up
      buying a hybrid variety named "lok 1"
      1. If any one has planted this variety, please do share with me their
      experiences while growing this variety
      2. Also do let me know of other variety of seeds & if any one has
      indigenous varieties etc
      Thanks & regards to all.
      at village: Pishvi
      taluka: Velhe
      district: Pune
      Maharashtra.
      Pin : 412 212

      +91 981 0448200
      +91 940 4241901

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2010
        Dear friend,
        Lok one is also Indian wheat it is giving good results in N.F. I prefer Lok
        one and advise farmers to grow naturally. But with tilling it shows poor
        results without fertilizer.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM, dobighazameen <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        > While preparing to plant wheat i realised its almost impossible to find
        > local indigenous seeds from my area (65kms from Pune). So ended up
        > buying a hybrid variety named "lok 1"
        > 1. If any one has planted this variety, please do share with me their
        > experiences while growing this variety
        > 2. Also do let me know of other variety of seeds & if any one has
        > indigenous varieties etc
        > Thanks & regards to all.
        > at village: Pishvi
        > taluka: Velhe