Re: [fukuoka_farming] need pictures of bee stuff

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
      Dear friend,
      Last night there was news that Honey which is available in market is having
      "Antibiotics". I want know if this news is correct how this is possible ?.
      Raju Titus

      On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Frank McAvinchey <fmcavin@...> wrote:

      > I keep bees and will look into getting you some photos. Also, I have a
      > friend who has around 30,000 - 40,000 hives, at least the last time I spoke
      > with him. He's an almond guy, as in almond tree pollination in California.
      > He travels from state to state in the USA, moving them via semi trailer.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Frank
      >
      > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I am currently editing a video about colony collapse disorder. This
      > > isn't a hollywood movie, this is just one of my youtube videos
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/paulwheaton12
      > >
      > > I have video of an expert on colony collapse disorder and lots of
      > > really good info. Unfortunately, the video is gonna need a lot of
      > > editing and I can use pictures to cover up the edits.
      > >
      > > I need some pictures of bees and honey.
      > >
      > > A picture of comb foundation would be good.
      > >
      > > I could use a picture of a bee feeder.
      > >
      > > I could use a picture of a massive orchard.
      > >
      > > I could use a picture of a truck hauling a whole bunch of hives. Or
      > > even a few dozen hives in one spot.
      > >
      > > I could use a picture of mites on bees.
      > >
      > > These need to be pictures that I could get permission to use: so
      > > either you took them and you give me permission, or they are public
      > > domain (and I've already spent hours looking for public domain stuff).
      > >
      > > Any help?

      Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
      +919179738049.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus<http://picasawebalbum.google.com/rajuktitus>

    • Yugandhar S
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
        Dear Raju sir,
        The news says that almost all bee farms in india are controlled by seven
        companies which use antibiotics to increase the number of eggs laid by the
        queen bee. I am not sure what antibiotics have to do with this. It also
        states that a very small brand which procures honey from small farms, who
        cannot afford these medications, supplies clean honey.

        So popular brands run by big companies are found guilty. Whether it is GM,
        hybrid or any other harmful stuff, only corporates are responsible.

        Best Regards
        Yugandhar

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
          Dear Yogender,
          Yes i saw news today some says that it is given to bees for protection some
          says that it is mixed by companies in Honey. Baba Ramdev says that there is
          no fault of companies it is collected by bees from nature where it used as
          pesticides.Any how we must appreciate CSE for this disclosure.
          Thanks
          Raju

        • paul wheaton
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
            Sumant,

            I now have all of the pictures I need.

            As for your quesion. i answered it here:

            http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/5155_0/critter-care/bees-and-colony-collapse-disorder

            On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

            > Hi Paul,I am sure you have already found lots of pictures on the net and if
            > you are using them for non-profit purposes I am sure people will be more
            > than happy to allow you to use them.
            > secondly, could you please elaborate on this collapse disorder thing? I am
            > myself collecting material in local villages to find out how I can apply
            > what Jared Diamond wrote in his book 'collapse' to the local situation.
            >
            > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
            >
            > Warm regards,
            >
            > Sumant Joshi
            > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
            >
            > --- On Tue, 7/9/10, paul wheaton <paul@... <paul%40richsoil.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: paul wheaton <paul@... <paul%40richsoil.com>>
            > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] need pictures of bee stuff
            > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: Tuesday, 7 September, 2010, 8:53 PM
            >

            > I am currently editing a video about colony collapse disorder. This
            >
            > isn't a hollywood movie, this is just one of my youtube videos
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/paulwheaton12
            >
            > I have video of an expert on colony collapse disorder and lots of
            >
            > really good info. Unfortunately, the video is gonna need a lot of
            >
            > editing and I can use pictures to cover up the edits.
            >
            > I need some pictures of bees and honey.
            >
            > A picture of comb foundation would be good.
            >
            > I could use a picture of a bee feeder.
            >
            > I could use a picture of a massive orchard.
            >
            > I could use a picture of a truck hauling a whole bunch of hives. Or
            >
            > even a few dozen hives in one spot.
            >
            > I could use a picture of mites on bees.
            >
            > These need to be pictures that I could get permission to use: so
            >
            > either you took them and you give me permission, or they are public
            >
            > domain (and I've already spent hours looking for public domain stuff).
            >
            > Any help?

          • Frank McAvinchey
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
              Teramycin impregnated strips are used to control several bacterial infections that bees can get. The bees chew on the strips and ingest the antibiotic, and so the honey gets some antibiotic in it because the bees swallow the nectar, keeping it in their honey stomachs while en route to the hive. Are the antibiotics necessary? According to some. I don't think so. If the bees are left to themselves, they will re-develop immunity to disease. It's when WE start messing with their physiology that things get messed up.

              Frank

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
                Dear friend,
                Thank you very much for this information. Center for science and Environment
                Delhi India found antibiotics in many branded Honey. As per report
                antibiotics in food is poison.
                Thanks
                Raju

                On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Frank McAvinchey <fmcavin@...> wrote:

                > Teramycin impregnated strips are used to control several bacterial
                > infections that bees can get. The bees chew on the strips and ingest the
                > antibiotic, and so the honey gets some antibiotic in it because the bees
                > swallow the nectar, keeping it in their honey stomachs while en route to the
                > hive. Are the antibiotics necessary? According to some. I don't think so. If
                > the bees are left to themselves, they will re-develop immunity to disease.
                > It's when WE start messing with their physiology that things get messed up.
                >
                > Frank
                >
                > On Sep 16, 2010, at 7:24 AM, Yugandhar S wrote:
                >
                > > Dear Raju sir,
                > > The news says that almost all bee farms in india are controlled by seven
                > > companies which use antibiotics to increase the number of eggs laid by
                > the
                > > queen bee. I am not sure what antibiotics have to do with this. It also
                > > states that a very small brand which procures honey from small farms, who
                > > cannot afford these medications, supplies clean honey.
                > >
                > > So popular brands run by big companies are found guilty. Whether it is
                > GM,
                > > hybrid or any other harmful stuff, only corporates are responsible.
                > >
                > > Best Regards
                > > Yugandhar
                > >
                > > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...<rajuktitus%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > >> Dear friend,
                > >> Last night there was news that Honey which is available in market is
                > having
                > >> "Antibiotics". I want know if this news is correct how this is possible
                > ?.
                > >> Raju Titus
                > >>

                > >> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Frank McAvinchey <fmcavin@...<fmcavin%40gmail.com>
                > <fmcavin%40gmail.com>>