Re: discussion forum

  • Castillo Gallery
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
      good morning

      i feel that a discussion forum would be great for this topic...i have
      started one at

      http://forums.delphiforums.com/fukuoka

      go there and see if you like it...it was free...i used an inaccurate email
      address (by accident) to register ...so far there has been no problem with
      that...we'll see

      i think online forums are great...let's see if this brand is
      comfortable...we can always switch to another free company

      tzz22
    • Castillo Gallery

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
          > i feel that a discussion forum would be great for this topic...i have
          > started one at
          >
          > http://forums.delphiforums.com/fukuoka
          >
          > go there and see if you like it...it was free...i used an inaccurate email
          > address (by accident) to register ...so far there has been no problem with
          > that...we'll see
          >
          > i think online forums are great...let's see if this brand is
          > comfortable...we can always switch to another free company
          >
          > tzz22

          This is almost as amusing as it is confusing. Because you thought the topic
          of this disccusion forum was interesting you decided to start another
          discussion forum on it? Why?

          Larry Haftl
          Journalist * Photographer * Videographer
          www.LarryHaftl.com
        • Castillo Gallery
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
            larry:

            don't be too confused...it's quite simple...have you participated in a forum
            before online?

            email discussion groups (this yahoo group is an email group obviously) and
            internet forums are quite different concepts

            in this group, if i want to ask a question or make a statement, everyone in
            the group MUST read it because it comes to you as an email....this is great
            but may not be the best way for everyone, all the time, for every topic
            discussed...for instance, everyone must read your email to me and perhaps
            not everyone cares about this...perhaps not everyone wants to hear me react
            to your thinly veiled insult...sort presuming i am ignorant

            someone with your reaction i can only assume has no interest in expanding
            your online interaction and trying out the forum....that's ok with me...i
            don't mean to try to steal this forum's thunder...it's weird that you would
            react this way

            forums offer the possibility of more specialized and focused
            discussions...sort of easier to have a conversation without bogging down
            everyone's email

            anyway i don't think people in this realm of permaculture and natural
            farming have anything to fear from my proposal

            tzz22
            >> i feel that a discussion forum would be great for this topic...i have
            >> started one at
            >>
            >> http://forums.delphiforums.com/fukuoka
            >>
            >> go there and see if you like it...it was free...i used an inaccurate
            email
            >> address (by accident) to register ...so far there has been no problem
            with
            >> that...we'll see
            >>
            >> i think online forums are great...let's see if this brand is
            >> comfortable...we can always switch to another free company
            >>
            >> tzz22
            >>

            >This is almost as amusing as it is confusing. Because you thought the topic
            >of this disccusion forum was interesting you decided to start another
            >discussion forum on it? Why?
            >

            >Larry Haftl
            >Journalist * Photographer * Videographer
            >www.LarryHaftl.com

          • Chuck West
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
              I tend to agree with Larry, although I am disappointed that this discussion
              is even taking place. Without knowing anything more than what I've seen of
              this person (does it have a name, or is "tzz22" really all there is), I have
              to admit that after more than 5 years on the internet, every time I've come
              across someone who's entered an perfectly good _existing_ discussion group
              and announced they're starting one of their own to cover the same ground,
              what's REALLY been at issue is that individual's desire to be the center of
              attention. I'll stick with this group (and mostly I've just lurked, anyway)
              and wish those of you who decide to follow a different path only the best. I
              want to learn how to be a better gardener, more in tune with nature and at
              peace with my environment. Enthusiasm and innovation I enjoy.
              Attention-seeking behavior, on the other hand, is not what I'm here to deal
              with. As a therapist I get paid a lot of money to cure children of that
              affliction. This, for me, is just fun.

              Chuck in Indiana

              > don't be too confused...it's quite simple...have you participated in a
              forum
              > before online?
              >
              > email discussion groups (this yahoo group is an email group obviously) and
              > internet forums are quite different concepts
              >
              > in this group, if i want to ask a question or make a statement, everyone
              in
              > the group MUST read it because it comes to you as an email....this is
              great
              > but may not be the best way for everyone, all the time, for every topic
              > discussed...for instance, everyone must read your email to me and perhaps
              > not everyone cares about this...perhaps not everyone wants to hear me
              react
              > to your thinly veiled insult...sort presuming i am ignorant
              >
              > someone with your reaction i can only assume has no interest in expanding
              > your online interaction and trying out the forum....that's ok with me...i
              > don't mean to try to steal this forum's thunder...it's weird that you
              would
              > react this way
              >
              > forums offer the possibility of more specialized and focused
              > discussions...sort of easier to have a conversation without bogging down
              > everyone's email
              >
              > anyway i don't think people in this realm of permaculture and natural
              > farming have anything to fear from my proposal
              >
              > tzz22

            • Castillo Gallery
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
                dear "chuck to the rescue":

                did you even bother to read my email that stated why i felt a forum might be
                of use?

                you are a therapist? and with such little information you are ready to
                diagnose me as an attention starved person who seeks to lead gardeners on a
                "different path"? are we not capable of travelling different paths to the
                same end?

                you guys seem to lack a certain skill to be in the world with others

                wow...this is very strange...if i ever move to indiana i will be sure to
                steer clear of therapists named "chuck"

                do you guys even have a garden? or are you just fukuoka "wannabes"?

                signed,

                tzz22
                >I tend to agree with Larry, although I am disappointed that this discussion
                >is even taking place. Without knowing anything more than what I've seen of
                >this person (does it have a name, or is "tzz22" really all there is), I
                have
                >to admit that after more than 5 years on the internet, every time I've come
                >across someone who's entered an perfectly good _existing_ discussion group
                >and announced they're starting one of their own to cover the same ground,
                >what's REALLY been at issue is that individual's desire to be the center of
                >attention. I'll stick with this group (and mostly I've just lurked, anyway)
                >and wish those of you who decide to follow a different path only the best.
                >want to learn how to be a better gardener, more in tune with nature and at
                >peace with my environment. Enthusiasm and innovation I enjoy.
                >Attention-seeking behavior, on the other hand, is not what I'm here to deal
                >with. As a therapist I get paid a lot of money to cure children of that
                >affliction. This, for me, is just fun.
                >
                >Chuck in Indiana

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • souscayrous
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                  Isn't this a discussion forum?

                  If I'm missing something someone let me know?

                  Souscayrous

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                    dear souscayrous:

                    i sent a few emails to this group explaining why i thought an email
                    discussion forum (like this one) might be supplemented by a discussion forum
                    in a different format

                    not replaced but augmented by it

                    i guess i touched a nerve

                    several very vocal objectors have slammed me for it

                    "larry the artist" ridiculed me

                    "chuck the healer" diagnosed me with emotional problems and accused me of
                    treason

                    "nottyboy" vehemently rejected my use of the term "permaculture" (?????)

                    even your light sarcasm cannot be ignored in light of these other soft
                    attacks and especially after i tried to explain the answer to your question
                    in other emails

                    i can't express my dismay in all this but i accept the random nature of all
                    things...i certainly did not attack anyone out of the same fear that i hear
                    from the above mentioned parties

                    perhaps a moderator, if there is one, could banish me from this forum for my
                    insubordination