Nature Farming more correctly translates Fukuoka sensei's Japanese to English(1)

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
      [Text Encoding is Unicode (UTF-8) -necessary for Japanese or any non-English text characters]

      "Nature Farming" more correctly translates 自然農法 (shizen nōhō) Fukuoka sensei's Japanese to English (1), in the context of his written 無為 (mu.i) & 無 (mu) philosophy(s) and his great writings in of course Japanese.

      Reference
      1) "NATURE FARMING In Japan" Research Signpost, T. C. 37/661(2), Fort Post Office, Trivandrum - 695023, Kerala, India
      (please email me if you wish to find a copy of this book/paper).

      ie. FYI.

      Cheers,

      Jason Stewart
      S.E. Australia
    • Tom Gibson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
        ????????????? George Orwell in his essay “Politics and the English Language” (paraphrasing) that no matter how poorly you said something or how many language rules you broke as long as you made yourself understood that is what is important. I can’t understand any motivation for the message below. Can someone please explain? Also, although the concepts expressed in “One Straw Revolution” are clear enough, one of the many things not covered by the book are what paths might be taken during a transition period. Nor does it explore the concept in any but the locale Fukuoka lived in, a part of Japan that has significant elevation, in a temperate climate, with rich volcanic soils et al. None of these exist in most of India, Australia, and vast parts of the United States, for example.

        I have a lot more faith in the traditional agriculture that has been practiced for thousands of years without the need for genetically modified seed, chemical fertilizers, and a lot of other foreign ideas including natural farming. Natural farming is no more a panacea or relief from a lot of hard work for very little pay any more than Permaculture or the so called “green revolution” was. After all, Fukuoka was practicing the traditional agriculture of his country with some minor tweaks that made it better. I believe the same is true of every area. If you are a patient and careful observer the people in each area who already know how to live then you might be able to help them do things better. Turning everything they are doing on it’s head to satisfy some alien prejudice will always, IMHO, be counterproductive.

        Tom

        <http://www.camaspermaculture.org/> www.camaspermaculture.org

        Jason said:

        [Text Encoding is Unicode (UTF-8) -necessary for Japanese or any non-English text characters]

        "Nature Farming" more correctly translates 自然農法 (shizen nōhō) Fukuoka sensei's Japanese to English (1), in the context of his written 無為 (mu.i) & 無 (mu) philosophy(s) and his great writings in of course Japanese.

        Reference
        1) "NATURE FARMING In Japan" Research Signpost, T. C. 37/661(2), Fort Post Office, Trivandrum - 695023, Kerala, India
        (please email me if you wish to find a copy of this book/paper).

        ie. FYI.

        Cheers,

        Jason Stewart
        S.E. Australia

        Reply <mailto:macropneuma@...?subject=Nature%20Farming%20more%20correctly%20translates%20Fukuoka%20sensei's%20Japanese%20to%20English(1)> to sender | Reply <mailto:fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com?subject=Nature%20Farming%20more%20correctly%20translates%20Fukuoka%20sensei's%20Japanese%20to%20English(1)> to group | Reply <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNjM3dmxiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM1MjA2NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTQ3BG1zZ0lkAzEwOTQzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI4MjEwNDU1MQ--?act=reply&messageNum=10943> via web post | <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJldHRicXY3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM1MjA2NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTQ3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI4MjEwNDU1MQ--> Start a New Topic

      • Jason
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
          Read his 10 or more different books;
          And his 3 other books translated into English.
          Don't parade your little understanding (for your own sake).

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Gibson" <camaspermaculture@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > Jason Stewart
          > S.E. Australia
          >

          > Reply <mailto:macropneuma@...?subject=Nature%20Farming%20more%20correctly%20translates%20Fukuoka%20sensei's%20Japanese%20to%20English(1)> to sender | Reply <mailto:fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com?subject=Nature%20Farming%20more%20correctly%20translates%20Fukuoka%20sensei's%20Japanese%20to%20English(1)> to group | Reply <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNjM3dmxiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM1MjA2NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTQ3BG1zZ0lkAzEwOTQzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI4MjEwNDU1MQ--?act=reply&messageNum=10943> via web post | <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJldHRicXY3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM1MjA2NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTQ3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI4MjEwNDU1MQ--> Start a New Topic

        • de Rosas/Peterhans Family
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
            be gentle.... all of us....