Fwd: The Institute for Cultural Research and Action (ICRA)

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2010
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Nitin Thakurta <nthakurta@...>
      Date: Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM
      Subject: The Institute for Cultural Research and Action (ICRA)
      To: Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>, ranu.titus@...,
      neerjamallick@...

      http://hindu.com/2010/08/02/stories/2010080260910400.htm

      * Conservation is essential, say natural farmers * Staff Reporter

      BANGALORE: The Institute for Cultural Research and Action (ICRA) and the
      Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI) conducted a seminar on �Natural
      Farming in a Globalised Warming World� at the Institution of Agricultural
      Technologist here on Sunday.

      Raju Titus, a pioneer in the field of natural farming from Hoshangabad,
      Madhya Pradesh, who addressed the gathering, said, �I have been farming
      naturally for the last 25 years and have had some success. In one acre of my
      land I have been growing pulses, wheat, fruits and vegetable oil seeds.�

      Mr. Titus said that in India there are very few farmers who have shown
      interest in natural farming. �In India, we are facing global warming which
      is more serious than it is in many parts of the world. It is the
      responsibility of every farmer to protect our earth from greenhouse effect,�
      he added.

      Kailasmurthy, a natural farmer, said, �We are facing many issues such as
      water scarcity and oxygen.� He said he believes that approaching the
      Fukuoka's Natural Farming in agriculture can contribute to reducing global
      warming.

      --
      Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
      +919179738049.