Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 4, 2010
      Dear all, the book in question is available in India for Rs 246 herehttp://www.indiaplaza.in/road-back-to-nature-masanobu-fukuoka/books/9788185987019.htm
      I have already ordered for it.

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      --- On Wed, 4/8/10, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

      From: Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...>
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, 4 August, 2010, 5:35 PM

      Dear Jason,
        Will try to get a copy of it. Already have lot of backlog to read!!! And
      understand.

      Regards
      Yugandhar

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends Pietro, Vargan, Yugandhar, Sumant, Raji Reddy, Vivasayee,
      > Brian, and all,
      >
      > Suggest you all read the chapter 14 titled:
      >
      > "FROM EGALITARIANISM TO KLEPTOCRACY"
      >
      > in Jared Diamond's 1997 Pulitzer prize-winning book:
      >
      > "Guns, Germs and Steel: A short history of everybody for the last 13,000
      > years."
      >
      > -starts at page 165 in some edition.
      >
      > I read the book sometime after it came out, as a professional field ecology
      > scientist and more... .
      > It can be found readily in bookshop even still in print to this day, and it
      > can be found pirated for free on the internet too! haaaaaa! - get it, wopper
      > irony, please!
      >
      > I have them too, if you want professional-scientist's critiques of this
      > popular book by scientist Jared Diamond -it differs from Jared Diamond's
      > scientific papers of course being so pop & commercial & 'prize-winning'-
      > eg.:"
      > Title: FOOD for THOUGHT.
      > Authors: Denham, Tim
      > Source: Nature Australia;
      > Autumn 2005,
      > Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50, 6p, 6c
      >
      > Abstract: Discusses the origins of agriculture in New Guinea.
      > Evidences suggesting early agriculture in the country; Reasons behind the
      > distinctive long-term history of New Guinea compared with other regions of
      > the world where early agriculture developed independently; Factors that can
      > be accounted for the primitive nature of New Guinean societies in comparison
      > with other agricultural lands.
      >
      > "
      >
      > Biggest best wishes,
      >
      > Jason
      > S.E. Australia

      > "Pietro" <2009@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am sure Fukuoka himself would not have had a problem with his work been
      > copied over and over. In any case if you feel guilty because of that you can
      > still send a donations to his family.
      > >
      > > The capitalistic market fails where the interest is too slim to support
      > the production of enough copies. And this is where copying becomes not just
      > a cheaper option but often the only option.
      > >
      > > Pietro
      > >
      > > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com<fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > post news of that copied & scanned 'pirated' online version then.

    • Jason
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8, 2010
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: