Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Yugandhar S
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 4, 2010
      Dear Pietro,
      Could not find on gigapedia. Seems to be available on rapidshare. Validity
      in question.

      http://www.ebookee.com/Guns-Germs-and-Steel-The-Fates-of-Human-Societies_122033.html

      http://allfreedownloadlinks.net/free-ebooks-downloads/science-ebooks/free-ebooks-10569/

      Regards
      Yugandhar

      On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Pietro <2009@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Jason,
      > I was going to post the whole chapter, then I thought I might have been
      > exposing myself too much. You never know with those people who believe in
      > copyright ;-).
      >
      > In any case I love Jarred Diamond. I too have at least one copy (2, with
      > one in italian? Boh). But since I travel so much they stay pretty much
      > always in my library.
      >
      > The "pirated" version can be found on gigapedia.
      >
      > I am looking forward to read it and become wiser.
      >

      > Pietro

      > "Jason" <macropneuma@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear friends Pietro, Vargan, Yugandhar, Sumant, Raji Reddy, Vivasayee,
      > Brian, and all,
      > >
      > > Suggest you all read the chapter 14 titled:
      > >
      > > "FROM EGALITARIANISM TO KLEPTOCRACY"
      > >
      > > in Jared Diamond's 1997 Pulitzer prize-winning book:
      > >
      > > "Guns, Germs and Steel: A short history of everybody for the last 13,000
      > years."
      > >
      > > -starts at page 165 in some edition.
      > >
      > > I read the book sometime after it came out, as a professional field
      > ecology scientist and more... .
      > > It can be found readily in bookshop even still in print to this day, and
      > it can be found pirated for free on the internet too! haaaaaa! - get it,
      > wopper irony, please!
      > >
      > > I have them too, if you want professional-scientist's critiques of this
      > popular book by scientist Jared Diamond -it differs from Jared Diamond's
      > scientific papers of course being so pop & commercial & 'prize-winning'-
      > eg.:"
      > > Title: FOOD for THOUGHT.
      > > Authors: Denham, Tim
      > > Source: Nature Australia;
      > > Autumn 2005,
      > > Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50, 6p, 6c
      > >
      > > Abstract: Discusses the origins of agriculture in New Guinea.
      > > Evidences suggesting early agriculture in the country; Reasons behind the
      > distinctive long-term history of New Guinea compared with other regions of
      > the world where early agriculture developed independently; Factors that can
      > be accounted for the primitive nature of New Guinean societies in comparison
      > with other agricultural lands.
      > > "
      > >
      > > Biggest best wishes,
      > >
      > > Jason
      > > S.E. Australia
      > >
      > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com<fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Pietro" <2009@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am sure Fukuoka himself would not have had a problem with his work
      > been copied over and over. In any case if you feel guilty because of that
      > you can still send a donations to his family.
      > > >
      > > > The capitalistic market fails where the interest is too slim to support
      > the production of enough copies. And this is where copying becomes not just
      > a cheaper option but often the only option.
      > > >
      > > > Pietro

      > post news of that copied & scanned 'pirated' online version then.

    • Jason
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8, 2010
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: