Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 3, 2010
      Dear Jason,My thinking is a little different. Todays environmental mess has been caused by the economic system foisted on the world.We need a new thinking to get rid of it. It is this very copyright and IPR laws which has allowed companies like Monsanto in the US and now in India to prevent farmers from saving seed for their next crop by claiming it to be an "invention". That someone should be rewarded for original thinking is beyond doubt, but the question is "for how long". I am only thinking of this whole system of monetary rewards.
      You have mentioned monetary poverty in India a couple of times. I appreciate your sensitivity in mentioning 'monetary' as opposed to other types of poverty. I think people who can read this book and comprehend it can definitely afford it, whether in India or anywhere else. It is a question of how much they need it. btw, the book in question is today available in India for Rs 277 or about 5 US dollars.This system of inheritance is also suspect. In a way even the heirs are enjoying the fruits of their ancestor's labours without doing anything. We need to think of that too. Obviously we can't do away with it all, but it - the present economic system - isn't working. Money is getting accumulated and conentrated too much. Once that happens, the law of scale kicks in. Things become more costly. I guess all this economic thing is a little too complicated for a novice like me to figure out. I only know that something isn't right. I expect most of us have read
      'Ishmael" where Daniel Quinn has thought of reviving the community living concept. The idea is amazing in that this was what was sustainable for many many thousands of years.
      I for one am thinking of buying land and initiating a Fukuoka style farm where anyone from anywhere in the world can come and work and study. Right now I am trying to first figure out about what needs to be done, how it can be done and how to raise funds for it. Part of the land will be a forest for planting all the local rare flora which is going extinct.
      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8, 2010
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: