Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 3, 2010
      Dear friend Sumant Joshi,

      I'm saying both...!
      -not either or - that's unecessary... .
      (Descartes ('modern') was so grossly wrong! -ie. 'binary'-mind... Ref's eg. Bruno Latour, Fukuoka Masanobu sensei, Antonio R. Damasio (thanks Anthony), Heidegger (thanks souscayrous), etc. etc. ...)
      I'm saying about people who can easily afford to do both... .
      Of course.

      Of course I'm not saying about people who have real monetary poverty such as many people in India & China & Africa - how would they use pirated electronic copies of Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's books by which they saved paying $50 each? by buying a 'modern' cheap computer worth $500, or waiting for the Indian gov't's $35 computer, or using a child's $100 One-Laptop-Per-Child gift from westerners? -As i said there's well established different means of approval-of-copyright in amongst people with real monetary poverty which allow giving mass copies to them *with approval* from the copyright holder... .
      "Help someone do the same and not charge anything for it except maybe the bare minimum." exactly!
      *AND*
      "Paying money to" Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's supporters - will obviously not do harm - where really it can be afforded.

      Compassion with all life,

      Jason
      S.E. Australia

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends,Dear friends,
      ... I wonder what Sensei Fukuoka would have done with 'the many many of millions of dollars in donations'. Creature comforts? I doubt it.
      > He would have used it to do something good. So if you come across one of his 'pirated' works, why not do something good and similar in his memory? Today there are many organic farms in India which swear by and function on the his principals. I think that is a better way to pay tribute to him. Help someone do the same and not charge anything for it except maybe the bare minimum.
      > Paying money to his representatives may  or may not fulfill what he would have desired.
      >
      > Warm regards,
      >
      > Sumant Joshi

    • Jason
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8, 2010
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: