Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 3 8:11 AM
      Dear friends Pietro, Vargan, Yugandhar, Sumant, Raji Reddy, Vivasayee, Brian, and all,

      Suggest you all read the chapter 14 titled:

      "FROM EGALITARIANISM TO KLEPTOCRACY"

      in Jared Diamond's 1997 Pulitzer prize-winning book:

      "Guns, Germs and Steel: A short history of everybody for the last 13,000 years."

      -starts at page 165 in some edition.

      I read the book sometime after it came out, as a professional field ecology scientist and more... .
      It can be found readily in bookshop even still in print to this day, and it can be found pirated for free on the internet too! haaaaaa! - get it, wopper irony, please!

      I have them too, if you want professional-scientist's critiques of this popular book by scientist Jared Diamond -it differs from Jared Diamond's scientific papers of course being so pop & commercial & 'prize-winning'- eg.:"
      Title: FOOD for THOUGHT.
      Authors: Denham, Tim
      Source: Nature Australia;
      Autumn 2005,
      Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50, 6p, 6c

      Abstract: Discusses the origins of agriculture in New Guinea.
      Evidences suggesting early agriculture in the country; Reasons behind the distinctive long-term history of New Guinea compared with other regions of the world where early agriculture developed independently; Factors that can be accounted for the primitive nature of New Guinean societies in comparison with other agricultural lands.
      "

      Biggest best wishes,

      Jason
      S.E. Australia

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Pietro" <2009@...> wrote:

      > I am sure Fukuoka himself would not have had a problem with his work been copied over and over. In any case if you feel guilty because of that you can still send a donations to his family.
      >
      > The capitalistic market fails where the interest is too slim to support the production of enough copies. And this is where copying becomes not just a cheaper option but often the only option.
      >
      > Pietro
      >
      > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <macropneuma@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm not happy with this breaching of copyright by them, so I didn't post news of that copied & scanned 'pirated' online version then.

    • Jason
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8 11:09 PM
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: