Re: The Road Back To Nature by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 3, 2010
      Pietro,
      respectfully IMHO i think you (we) shouldn't try to put words or thoughts into Masanobu Fukuoka sensei's mouth. Not about guilt for me -respectfully i think you shouldn't try to put words into my mouth- I have an original published hardback copy i purchased about 9 years ago - about AUD$50. About the best use of resources, like book revenue, matters much more to me, and i'm quite sure that many of all those many people in the world who've got effectively-stolen copies of Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's books could easily afford to pay his representatives $50 here or $50 dollars there, per book -it is a given that that's not so for people in India who have monetarily-poverty of course, then where did they ever get the opportunity to go to school to learn to read anyway, there are different copyright systems for people who have monetary poverty and those don't involve piracy, they use approvals from the copyright holder for mass availability in various forms if not mass group book purchases more likely mass group communications by people he few people amongst who do read or mass communication at events like festivals, etc- then the real point is that money gets much better used when added up by Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's nature-farming supporters than by those who withhold it even though they relatively can easily afford to give it.

      If the world of these sort of people did start donating all these small amounts into a mass amount with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's supporters then i think we would give so much heart back to Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's supporters, after Fukuoka Masanobu sensei has given us so much heart with his work, that they would have a much *more* profound effect on our mother earth and our futures.

      Biggest best wishes,

      Jason
      S.E. Australia

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Pietro" <2009@...> wrote:

      > I am sure Fukuoka himself would not have had a problem with his work been copied over and over. In any case if you feel guilty because of that you can still send a donations to his family.
      >
      > The capitalistic market fails where the interest is too slim to support the production of enough copies. And this is where copying becomes not just a cheaper option but often the only option.
      >
      > Pietro
      >
      > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <macropneuma@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm not happy with this breaching of copyright by them, so I didn't post news of that copied & scanned 'pirated' online version then.

    • Jason
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 8, 2010
        Dear friend Yugandhar,

        You & all are welcome for the quote i re-typed from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's (translation into English by Frederich P. Metraud in 1987).

        Please what do you say about this Sanskrit word: "asaṃskṛta", and
        please how do you write it in Sanskrit characters, and in Hindi and in any more Indian languages you care to do it in;
        Please what do you translate it to in English
        (- big words in English? big words they're fine, please bring them on!)
        This is a friendly !trick! question from me :) and not a joke, serious as well.

        I know this meaning in Japanese characters, Chinese characters, Tibetan, Korean characters, and about it from, for example, Taoism, and i know this above romanised sanskrit rendering of it.

        Please my wish is for you to re-translate it directly to English from this Sanskrit: "asaṃskṛta" (romanised) and do write it in the real Sanskrit characters for us all too please.

        Also we all can easily use encoding Unicode UTF-8 to display the characters.

        Humbly i hope that this simple act will help us all with Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's understanding. i keep the suspense of the 'secret' until your reply with the translation, for those who don't already know!... .

        Biggest best wishes,

        Jason
        S.E. Australia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friend Jason,
        > Many many thanks for taking the task of typing those two pages by hand.
        > Love your work.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar
        >
        > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jason <macropneuma@...> wrote: