Re: [fukuoka_farming] Fwd: INVITATION TO A TALK ON NATURAL FARMING IN A GLOBALISED WARMINGWORLD.1st AUGUST ,2010.by Raju Titus.

  • de Rosas/Peterhans Family
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2010
      Raju --
      Will someone be video-taping or audio-taping your talk on Natural Farming in a Globalized Warming World" and translating it (with or without subtitles if video) into English and/or other languages? I would like very much to hear what you have to say. I am also interested in any comments. talks or papers Sensei Fukuoka may have offered on the topic. Thank you for your example and your work and wisdom. I look forward to following your work and perhaps someday coming to see you and your farm.
      take care --
      paul peterhans (Seattle)

      WARMINGWORLD.1st AUGUST ,2010.by Raju Titus.
      To: icra@...
      Cc: Gaia icra ICRA <icrablr@...>

      *
      First Mail*

      *A Farmer speaks *

      * *

      *On *

      * *

      *Natural Farming in a globalized warming world.** *

      *1st August, 2010 at 10 A.M*

      *Venue*

      Institute for Agricultural Technologist,

      # 15, Miller’s Tank Bed, Queens Road, Bangalore - 560 001**

      * *

      *How we produce and consume food is no more an innocent activity *

      *It never was.*

      * *

      The contribution of large scale industrialized agriculture in global
      warming is not too insignificant. It is pointed out that industrialized
      Animal Husbandry in Europe and North America and most of the contemporary
      agriculture practices need to be re-organized for a cooler planet. The
      wasteful expenditure of water and energy in contemporary agriculture is
      scandalous. * *

      In contrast to all that is ugly, polluting and wasteful of modern
      agriculture, Fukuoka‘s Natural Farming shows what can be achieved to meet
      our saner needs with least minimum disturbances to our environment

      *Raju Titus* is one of our pioneering Natural farmers from Hoshangabad –
      Madhya Pradesh. Titus has been farming naturally for the past twenty five
      years and is eminently successfully in evolving the farming systems which is
      net conserver of water and energy. He has been successfully growing wheat,
      pulses, oil seeds, fruits and vegetables and had left large tracks of lands
      for forest farming.

      Titus believes that Fukuoka’s Natural Farming approach to agriculture can
      contribute enormously in rescuing our sick planet. Here is some one who has
      done his mite in healing the earth.

      Obviously words borne out of lived experience and conviction is becoming
      rarer and rarer.

      *All Are Welcome………*

      *                 **  *

      *Institute for Cultural Research & Action (ICRA), Bengaluru*

      * Organic Farming Association of India- OFAI-Karnataka*

      *                                    080 - 2528 3370/ 2521 3104.*

      --
      Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
      +919179738049.

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2010
        Thank you very much for mail I am directing this to Mr Babu who is
        conducting talk.
        Thanks
        Raju