Request for short and long stay farm visits in India

  • lomoeve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      My name is Jack. I am traveling around the world visiting and working on farms in an effort to gain a practical, real world understanding of the application and use of alternative agricultural methods. I want to get a more natural, practical education before I start college to get my degree in sustainable agriculture.

      My travels have lasted for one year so far and I have spent about 7 of those months working on farms In Europe.

      I would like to continue this educational travel project in the east by visiting and/or working on farms in India that are actively practicing Fukuoka's methods or Natural Farming. I am interested most in farms that are owned by people that are passionate or enthusiastic about this kind of agriculture, and are interested in passing on their experience and wisdom to a student of agriculture.

      I am planning to arrive in India in November and will stay for an undetermined time. If any of you farmers in India are willing to host me as a working guest/WWOOFer/apprentice/etc. I would love to hear from you.

      You can learn more about me and what I am doing on my website at www.jackandthecitylights.org or by contacting me directly by email at jack@...

      Thank you for your time.

      Best Regards,
      Jack
    • JackandtheCityLights
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2010
        Hello again,

        I just wanted to ask again if there are any Natural farmers in India or surrounding countries that I can develop and work on my research project with.

        Thanks,
        Jack