Re: Upland rice in NF- andean highlands of Colombia

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2010
      I found rice seed available from the edible sprout seed companies. I may have to acclimatize the seed to my local conditions, but it is better than nothing.
      Do a search for "rice sprout seed".

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "daniel_herps" <pyrrhura@...> wrote:

      > Frank,
      > I got the seeds from a local research institution, not from Internet. On Ebay, however, you can get Thai jasmine rice, who as far as I know is grown on highlands.
      > Daniel

    • Frank McAvinchey
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2010
        What is the climate like where you plan to plant? It is temperate here,
        four seasons. Are you in the highlands, las sierras?

        Frank aka Panchito