Re: Upland rice in NF- andean highlands of Colombia

  • daniel_herps
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2010
      Frank,
      I got the seeds from a local research institution, not from Internet. On Ebay, however, you can get Thai jasmine rice, who as far as I know is grown on highlands.
      Daniel
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2010
        I found rice seed available from the edible sprout seed companies. I may have to acclimatize the seed to my local conditions, but it is better than nothing.
        Do a search for "rice sprout seed".

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "daniel_herps" <pyrrhura@...> wrote:

        > Frank,
        > I got the seeds from a local research institution, not from Internet. On Ebay, however, you can get Thai jasmine rice, who as far as I know is grown on highlands.
        > Daniel

      • Frank McAvinchey
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2010
          What is the climate like where you plan to plant? It is temperate here,
          four seasons. Are you in the highlands, las sierras?

          Frank aka Panchito