Re: [fukuoka_farming] Invitation to view NF farm Banana and wheat.

  • G. G. Hegde
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hi Vishu,

      I talked to Mr Kailashmoorty just now, he is OK if we come to his farm this
      weekend. Would that be OK for you, I am planning to leave to Kollegal early
      Sunday morning. As Mr Kailashmoorty will not be available all the time at
      his farm, we need to plan for those weekends where he would be there.

      Give me your contact no, will contact you, we could plan further.

      thanks and regards,
      gg

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Vishu Shetty <magicblack@...> wrote:

      > Hello Mr Hegde,
      >
      > Sure will let you know. Keep me posted on your plans to visit Mr
      > Kailashmoorty.
      >

      > On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM, G. G. Hegde <gghegde@...<gghegde%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Do let me know when this is planned, I too am in Bangalore and could join
      > > you for the visit.
      > >
      > > I am also planning to visit Mr Kailashmoorty (http://www.the-anf.org/)
      > > from
      > > kollegal (near Mysore) in coming weekends (hopefully april 17/18) let me
      > > know if you are interested in joining.
      > > regards,
      > > gg
      > >

      > > On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Vishu Shetty <magicblack@...<magicblack%40gmail.com>
      > <magicblack%40gmail.com>>
      >
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > Beautiful and nice to see insightful comments from Rajuji on almost all
      > > the
      > > > pics.
      > > >
      > > > I would like to visit your farm and learn first hand from you about
      > some
      > > of
      > > > the practices and techniques. Do let me know if it is possible. I am
      > > based
      > > > out of Bangalore.
      > > >

      > > > On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM, kumar <skkumaraswamy@...<skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>
      > <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>
      > > <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>

      > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/kadakolla/Banana_NF#5452165342126379730
      > > > >
      > > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/kadakolla/Wheat_menthi#5447932337384966882

      > > > --
      > >
      > > > Vishu
      > > >
      > > > http://titli.bikingvikings.com
      > > >
      > > > The future enters into us, in order to transform us, long before it
      > > happens

      > --
      > Vishu
      >
      > http://titli.bikingvikings.com
      >
      > The future enters into us, in order to transform us, long before it happens

    • Vishu Shetty
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 6, 2010
        Hello Mr Hegde,

        I will be going to my farm this weekend and would probably not able to join
        you. However, if there is any change in my plans, I would like to join you.
        My no is 9845690781.

        On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM, G. G. Hegde <gghegde@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vishu,
        >
        > I talked to Mr Kailashmoorty just now, he is OK if we come to his farm this
        > weekend. Would that be OK for you, I am planning to leave to Kollegal early
        > Sunday morning. As Mr Kailashmoorty will not be available all the time at
        > his farm, we need to plan for those weekends where he would be there.
        >
        > Give me your contact no, will contact you, we could plan further.
        >
        > thanks and regards,
        > gg
        >

        > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Vishu Shetty <magicblack@...<magicblack%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >

        > > Hello Mr Hegde,
        > >
        > > Sure will let you know. Keep me posted on your plans to visit Mr
        > > Kailashmoorty.
        > >

        > > On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM, G. G. Hegde <gghegde@...<gghegde%40gmail.com>
        > <gghegde%40gmail.com>>
        >
        > > wrote:
        > >

        > > > Do let me know when this is planned, I too am in Bangalore and could
        > join
        > > > you for the visit.
        > > >
        > > > I am also planning to visit Mr Kailashmoorty (http://www.the-anf.org/)
        > > > from
        > > > kollegal (near Mysore) in coming weekends (hopefully april 17/18) let
        > me
        > > > know if you are interested in joining.
        > > > regards,
        > > > gg
        > > >

        > > > On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Vishu Shetty <magicblack@...<magicblack%40gmail.com>
        > <magicblack%40gmail.com>
        > > <magicblack%40gmail.com>>

        > all
        > > > the

        > > some
        > > > of
        > > > based

        > skkumaraswamy@... <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>
        > <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>
        > > <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>
        >
        > > > <skkumaraswamy%40bajajauto.co.in>

        > > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/kadakolla/Banana_NF#5452165342126379730
        > > > > >

        > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/kadakolla/Wheat_menthi#5447932337384966882

        > > > happens

        > > --
        > > Vishu
        > >
        > > http://titli.bikingvikings.com
        > >
        > > The future enters into us, in order to transform us, long before it
        > happens

        Vishu

        http://titli.bikingvikings.com

        The future enters into us, in order to transform us, long before it happens

      • Tom Gibson
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 6, 2010
          Gloria,

          This may come as a shock to you but most people in the world don't shop in
          stores and they don't have food trucked from thousands of miles away. I
          suggested getting it locally because it is probably grown locally so it will
          do well in that environment.

          You can see what is going on in our food forest at
          <http://www.camaspermaculture.org> www.camaspermaculture.org
          <mailto:tom@...> tom@...
          Tom Gibson

          Why does Congress authorize the US Department of Agriculture to subsidize
          toxic industrial chemicals like HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) but not
          fresh vegetables? Nancy Pelosi took agricultural subsidy reform off the
          table so Democratic Party members from states that have large corporate
          agribusinesses can get re-elected (to keep representing large agribusiness
          concerns). Tell your Congressman and Senators that you aren't going to vote
          for them if they don't level the playing field for local, fresh, and
          nutrient dense foods

        • GLORIA
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
            It is not a shock to me. I had a guy on my gardening list ask what was so different about the garlic he bought in his local store in Ohio. One was grown in the Midwest US, but the other was grown in Mexico. The difference was that one was supposed to be grown in the cooler northern climate, but the other one was grown in Mexico and would not do well in Ohio. You see he planted them both with different results.

            I always caution people to buy their plants, bulbs, corms, trees, etc, as close to where they live as possible....that they were grown as close as is possible is not always guaranteed, but it does make a difference in results. Many people do not know there is more than one type of garlic.

            I have been on this list for many years now. I don't pop up all that often, but I do try to read the posts and reply from time to time. It has changed a lot from when it began.....

            Gloria