Re: Natural farming in the temperate Pacific Northwest

  • ross.gigee
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      I just wanted to chime in with my experience growing Oaxaca Green corn. While it's very good advice that Tom Gibson gives about growing locally adapted varieties, I've had nothing but success growing Oaxacan Green here in NE PA, where we have about a 4 mo. frost-free season and many cloudy days. The ears are fat but very short (6 inches is about as long as they get). The kernels are large and they're easy to shell by hand... Of course there's nothing that guarantees that an heirloom variety from two different sources is the same thing, even if the name is the same.