Request for Advise from Mr Raju Titus.

  • edward barton
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24 8:45 AM
      Dear Mr Raju,
      I am a great admirer of the Natural Farming methods adopted by you.Over the past 2-3 years i have seen the pics
      posted by you on your album .Great work.
      I have read the One Straw Revolution by Fukuoka .
      I decided to try out Natural Farming Methods advised by you on a small plot on my farm
      I am located near Mumbai in Maharashtra..
      I tried out planting rice before last years monsoon and got a good crop of rice .After the rice was harvested i planted wheat and now the
      wheat is ready for harvesting.
      At the moment it is averaging 37 degrees in Mumbai area and the water in the wells are nearly exhausted.Even the output from the
      borewells is very minimal.
      In short there is no water to use after the wheat is harvested unless i get tanker water.Using tanker water would not be economical.
      I seek your guidance on the following questions
      1) what do i plant or do after the wheat is harvested?
      should i leave the wheat stalks on the field after harvesting the wheat?
      should i spread the rice seed balls now ? or should i wait for the rains to start in June.?

      2) There are wild grasses growing in the rest of the farm.
      I would like to adopt Natural Farming Methods for the rest of my farm too as i am very satisfied with the results of my small
      plot.
      i would like to know should i spread rice seed balls amongst these grasses?
      or should i cut the grasses upto the ground level?
      then spread the rice seed balls/
      or should i wait till the rains start as i have no water.

      Thanking you in advance
      warm regards
      edward
    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24 7:50 PM
        Dear friend,
        Please wait for rainy season because there is water shortage and protect all
        grass and straw from cattle and fire.
        1- In grass cover direct seeding of leguminous crops with rice seed balls
        will work.
        2- In the wheat straw you can repeat rice but scatter seed balls of rice
        just before of rainy season.
        Great work is done by you. Thank you very much. Please send me full address
        and contact no please.
        Thanks
        Raju

        --
        Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
        +919179738049.

      • Satya Kamath
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24 8:46 PM
          Hi Mr Edward Burton

          I would like to see what u have done on farm so that i can apply the same with my farm at Karnataka. I m very much staying near Mumbai and Can I have your contact, so that I can visit u once.

          regards

          satya

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25 8:44 AM
            Dear Mr Raju,
            Thanks for your advise.
            If you dont mind i like to double check what i have understood from your mail.

            I understand that you want me to do nothing at the moment which means not to cut the tall grasses.
            I should wait for the rainy season and then spread leguminous crops along with rice seed balls.
            Is this understanding of mine correct?

            In the wheat straw i should spread rice seed balls during rainy season.This means i should leave the
            wheat straw in the filed only and not remove it etc.

            I would appreciate if you would advise once again.

            thanks very much in advance
            warm regards
            edward.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26 6:29 AM
              Dear Edward,
              Yes please wait until rainy season. Leguminous crops do well in the grass
              cover. Some time seed balls fails without rain. Therefor please wait until
              sufficient rain.
              Raju

              On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM, edward barton <siliconvalley47@...>wrote:

              > Dear Mr Raju,
              > Thanks for your advise.
              > If you dont mind i like to double check what i have understood from your
              > mail.
              >
              > I understand that you want me to do nothing at the moment which means not
              > to cut the tall grasses.
              > I should wait for the rainy season and then spread leguminous crops along
              > with rice seed balls.
              > Is this understanding of mine correct?
              >
              > In the wheat straw i should spread rice seed balls during rainy season.This
              > means i should leave the
              > wheat straw in the filed only and not remove it etc.
              >
              > I would appreciate if you would advise once again.
              >
              > thanks very much in advance
              > warm regards
              > edward.

              http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus

            • Bobby Ray
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 29 7:33 PM
                Dear Satya,

                I am in Kolar Gold fields and would welcome the opportunity to visit anyone
                doing this farming method. I have put in a tilled garden using Mittleider
                method that I plan to feed with fish waste water. That all organic method is
                something I have hoped would work good to feed many from a small area. The
                plants clean the water for the fish and the fish wastes feed the plants. It
                was going well, alas cows have eaten almost everything. Some of the
                watermelon is recovering and two beautiful pumpkin plants survived and have
                many baby pumpkins. Also two sunflower plants survived. All the beans and
                peas and other items are gone. I had 300 feet of row crops. I have been in
                several places in America where aquaponics as this fish and plant
                combination is called has worked very well. I volunteered and helped buid
                two systems in America just to learn more to be sure it would work. It
                worked wonderfully in all three places where I went. you can see some of it
                at wwwfastonline.org There are many useful helps on that website and the
                owner wants to help folks all over the world.

                I reseeded our garden, but maybe it is too hot as nothing came up. This
                ground is terrible soil. It has not rained since I came here in January.
                We have been hand watering. Our fish tank is almost finished and should
                hold about 75000 liters of water. It may take a year for the tank to
                fill from rain water. I would do the tank differently next time as it was
                too costly.

                I am now trying to find what crops can be started this time of year and will
                prosper. I would also like to do something with spirulina. I have a
                similar project I have been involved with in Chittour, Andhra Prudesh. I
                apprecaite any help. Today I go to Chennai / Madras for a couple of days
                and will return.

                The pumpkins love the fish water from a small tank, but I want this to be a
                model farm teaching others how to make the land prosper. I wanted something
                much bigger than a small tank. Not having power and the heat are both
                problems to face. If we can make this poor land prosper we can do it
                anywhere as this ground is almost all rock. It was so hard that I wore
                myself out loosening it with a pick axe.

                I have never seen Fukuoka farming but it is of interest to me. I have two
                of Mr. Fukuoka's books that I found on the internet and downloaded.

                20 cows also got into the neighbors farm while he was away and ate
                everything - he is devastated. After the cow invasion, he started closing
                off the open side to his farm and the village folks stopped him. We were
                going to go together to Bangalore and buy used barbed wire to keep out the
                cows from his place and that of my wonderful hosts. Living as a farmer in
                Karnataka is very hard. I have read so many terrible stories about many
                things and the effects of big world wide greedy companies. We fight those
                same companies even in America. Plants having sterile seed is a terrible
                thing.

                I have encounted many difficulties and nothing has gone as I hoped it would
                go.

                My prayers are with you wishing all of you success. I love getting the
                notes from this group.

                phone 09343200694 Yesudass my host
                phone 09740167633 Gracie my hostess
                phone 09611256338 Bobby Ray Mc Knight = me (-;

                God is good. God is always very good.

                Bob in KGF (Kolar Gold Fields), Karnataka, South India

                Coordinates: 12�59'46"N 78�16'20"E Oorgaumpet post, India

                756 miles north of the equator

                http://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.9960745&lon=78.2672185&z=17&l=0&m=b&search=Grace%20Gardens

                On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Satya Kamath <kamath_satya@...>wrote:

> [...]
                > > > I seek your guidance on the following questions
                > > > 1) what do i plant or do after the wheat is harvested?
                > > > should i leave the wheat stalks on the field after harvesting the
                > wheat?
                > > > should i spread the rice seed balls now ? or should i wait for the
                > rains to
                > > > start in June.?
                > > >
                > > > 2) There are wild grasses growing in the rest of the farm.
                > > > I would like to adopt Natural Farming Methods for the rest of my farm
                > too
                > > > as i am very satisfied with the results of my small
                > > > plot.
                > > > i would like to know should i spread rice seed balls amongst these
                > grasses?
                > > > or should i cut the grasses upto the ground level?
                > > > then spread the rice seed balls/
                > > > or should i wait till the rains start as i have no water.

              • Vishu Shetty
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 29 8:53 PM
                  Dear Bobby,

                  Thanks for the Insight on the aquaphonics and the link to the website. I
                  have a piece of land with a big pond in it where I would like to start this.
                  The land is a paddy field with nothing on it now and I plan to start
                  something after the rains as the land is filled with backwaters by a nearby
                  dam.

                  I stay in Bangalore and would like to visit you one of these days. If you
                  happen to be in Bangalore, do let me know. My number is : 9845690781

                  On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Bobby Ray <atruefriend@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > >
                  > > regards
                  > >
                  > > satya
                  > >

                  > > > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com
                  > >
                  > > > From: rajuktitus@... <rajuktitus%40gmail.com>
                  > > > Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:20:32 +0530
                  > >
                  > > > Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Request for Advise from Mr Raju Titus.
                  > > >
                  > > > Dear friend,
                  > > > Please wait for rainy season because there is water shortage and
                  > protect
                  > > all
                  > > > grass and straw from cattle and fire.
                  > > > 1- In grass cover direct seeding of leguminous crops with rice seed
                  > balls
                  > > > will work.
                  > > > 2- In the wheat straw you can repeat rice but scatter seed balls of
                  > rice
                  > > > just before of rainy season.
                  > > > Great work is done by you. Thank you very much. Please send me full

                  Vishu

                  http://titli.bikingvikings.com

                  The future enters into us, in order to transform us, long before it happens