Re: [fukuoka_farming] FUKUOKA FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND SCIENTIFIC WAY OF FARMING.

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8, 2010
      Dear friend,
      I am sorry 1000gm(1kg) per square meter it means one ton per quarter acre
      and 40 quintle per acre.
      thanks
      raju

      On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM, <fdnokes@...> wrote:

      > I think perhaps you meant this in reverse.
      > 1000 gm = what you are getting
      > 2000 kg = what you aim to get
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      > Frances

    • Tom Gibson
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 10, 2010
        You ask what is organic farming. First to say what it isn't. Organic isn't a product you can buy. It is a holistic system working with natural processes. Fukuoka and organics have that in common. Many people practice conventional farming with chemicals and heavy equipment then think they are organic when they follow the same practices using chemicals that have been approved for organic farming, but that isn't organic either. There is no machinery or devices that are approved for organic use or considered organic unless someone is selling you something.

        There are a lot of people selling rubbish that they are making great claims for in the name of organics. Sounds like someone got you there. For the life of me I can't imagine what a Gobar Gas pump has to do with organic agriculture. Methane production has nothing whatsoever to do with the tilth of your soil. Unless you are a large dairy that keeps the animals in an enclosed area, methane production isn't practiacal and I have never heard of that type of facility in India. If you are looking for cheap local lighting solutions I would see if you can find the people that are making the Firefly, a battery system that is charged by driving the bicycle carts around and can be used to light up LED lighting for several hours.

        Modern organic farming was being developed in the US about the same time Fukuoka was doing his research in Japan. In the US it was mostly being done by the Rodale Institute. Rodale and Fukuoka both felt that if you created highly organic living soils then you had little or no need to fertilize or use insecticides. Both recommend interplanting and successive planting to keep something growing on the land at all times and continuously adding to the bank of organic matter in the soil. For both, the main focus was on increasing the amount of biological activity and a diverse environment with a complete ecological system.

        Fukuoka's natural farming is really a branch of organic farming because they have the same processes and ethics when it comes to how you treat your land, soil, and all of the things that live on it.

        The term scientific farming doesn't seem to be in use anywhere but what Americans call the "Third World". In the US we call it conventional farming, factory farming, or corporate farming. It is widely supported by the land grant universities that are the research and education institutions in every state but they are mostly funded by large agribusiness concerns and have very little credibility with most family farmers these days. The US government likes big corporations because they can tax the same things several times. That is why family farmers are getting the pinch but Americans are getting wise to that and starting to bypass the government and low quality cheap food that is subsidized by the government because it has little nutritional value and makes people sick.

        Tom Gibson
        www.camaspermaculture.org

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

        > Dear friend,
        > Please do not mind and try to explain what is "Organic agriculture".
        > thanks
        > raju
        >
        > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Tom Gibson <camaspermaculture@...>wrote:
        >

        > > What you described has absolutely nothng to do with organic agriculture.
        > > I can't imagine how you even connected those two dots based on your
        > > description. It sounds like you have been repeatedly raped by con men
        > > that have no knowledge of agriculture whatsoever. Which is it, modern
        > > scientific, natural, or organic?
        > >
        > > You can see what is going on in our food forest at
        > > www.camaspermaculture.org <http://www.camaspermaculture.org/>
        > > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org> <mailto:
        > > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org>>
        > > Tom Gibson
        > >
        > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > Raju Titus <rajuktitus@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF
        > > FARMING.
        > > > *
        > > >
        > > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=direc\
        > > tlink<http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=directlink>
        > >

        > > > .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
        > > > agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
        > > > land.

        > --
        > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
        > +919179738049

      • Raju Titus
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 10, 2010
          Dear friend,
          Fukuoka farming is different it is based on zero tillage, no fertilizers and
          no medicines known as "Natural way of Farming." But organic farming is
          generally done by tilling and organic fertilizers and organic medicines. No
          Till organic farming is near to Fukuoka farming.
          Thanks
          Raju