Re: Fukuoka philosophy applied indoors?

  • gael.bage@btopenworld.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2010
      I live in SE UK and grow some stuff in a south facing lean-to greenhouse that gets some heat from the house, no special lights and find I can grow spinach, winter lettuce, chard, early peas short variety and stump rooted carrots,and spring onions. I overwintered autumn seedlings of cape gooseberry, they are just flowering, All without heat or lights, I use supermarket polystyrene vegetable boxes which insulate well against cold, and fill with homegrown compost inc worms, and mix in a little woodland soil which innoculates roots with local mycelium and beneficial bacteria. They are all growing strongly.
      Early cucumbers french beans and tomatoes will go in soon.