Re: [fukuoka_farming] Fukuoka Rare Book For Sale

  • fdnokes@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2010
      sounds interesting.
      how much are you looking for?
      available elsewhere?
      frances
      vancouver island
      (not so far...)

      From: gdouglass7
      Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:35 PM
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Fukuoka Rare Book For Sale

      Fukuoka-san's rarest book is called "Mu 1: The God Revolution". Translated by the accomplished Japanese language translator Alfred Birnbaum, it's a medium sized paperback in excellent condition. If interested, please make an offer. My location in Oregon, USA.

    • Gary Douglass
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
        Hello Frances,
        I don't use the internet very often, sorry for the slow reply.
        The book is extremely rare; the last several times I checked, it was not available anywhere on the internet book market -- not at amazon, not at bookfinder, not at addall, etc.  If I decide to go to the trouble of listing it on ebay it would probably sell for several hundred dollars.  But I would like to sell it to a committed Fukuoka farming person.  I need US$100, plus shipping.  That would cover my expenses from 8 years ago when I searched out a source in Japan, wrote to them in Japanese, and sent for it.  Let me know if you're interested, and best wishes to you.
        Gary Douglass

        From: fdnokes@... <fdnokes@...>
        Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Fukuoka Rare Book For Sale
        To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 4:32 PM

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
          Hi Gary,
          Thanks for getting back.
          On a tight budget, so no, not interested.
          I was actually just curious as to its general drift.
          We live on Vancouver Island, so not that far from you.
          Though, it's not that much fun crossing borders these days.
          Best wishes,

          From: fdnokes@... <fdnokes@...>
          To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 4:32 PM