FUKUOKA FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND SCIENTIFIC WAY OF FARMING.

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2010
      *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF FARMING.
      *
      http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=directlink

      .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
      agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
      land. My entire family including my mother, father and two brothers,
      is fully occupied with the farm work throughout the year. We have all
      modern technological agricultural tools including two tractors.
      Initially we used to get good returns, but since the last few years we
      are incurring losses. We kept on increasing our input costs year on
      year in the hope of increasing yields and profits, but we got
      increased losses in the same ratio. Since we do not have any other
      income generating options other than agriculture we started feeling
      insecure about our future. In this process we started searching for
      alternative farming techniques.

      First we tried organic farming with a complete Gobar Gas plant setup
      (biogas plant using cow dung) as per NADEP(National Agribusiness
      Development Program) and used the resultant compost in our farm,but we
      got only depressing results.There is much fuss in this but the results
      are poor and damaging. Numerous other farmers share the same fate as
      mine. The government is breaking the back of the farmer. The increased
      cost of living is most disastrous for the farmer and he is not getting
      the right price for his produce in spite of heavy input costs. This is
      resulting in ever increasing losses for the farmer. The government is
      importing food and causing the prices to fall locally. Due to this we
      are not getting a fair price for our produce. Secondly, our lands have
      lost their fertility and even the usage of costly fertilizers and
      chemicals is not giving the desired results. Cattle breeding was an
      alternative source of income for our family and we used to cover the
      agricultural losses with the income from cattle. But with the use of
      tractors and chemical fertilizers, cattle breeding has become
      impossible.

      We have been growing paddy in rainy season, wheat in winter and mung (
      kidney beans ) in summer. For the last two years we have continuously
      incurred losses in all the crops. Our neighbor Sri Raju ji was an
      advocate of modern scientific farming in early days. But after
      experiencing the various difficulties in scientific farming he has
      switched to no-till natural farming and is a very happy man now. We
      started seeing the power in his way of natural farming and adopted his
      method of no-till natural farming to grow paddy,wheat and mung in our
      fields with Sri Raju sir's help. This is the second year of our
      experiment with no-till natural farming and our wheat crop looks
      better than the crop grown with chemicals and fertilizers despite the
      fact that no chemicals or fertilizers have been used in our farm and
      no tilling has been done at all. This is in front of your eyes to see.
      The seeds we use are locally stored and not bought from outside. Our
      costs have reduced by 80 percent by adopting no-till natural farming.
      We used to spend around Rs.8 lakhs for our 50 acres of farm for
      chemicals, fertilizers and tilling. Moreover the costs would easily go
      up in case of weather disturbances.
      We are sure to save around Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.7 lakhs by adopting
      natural farming with the help of Sri Raju ji as we see the crop in our
      fields. And we do not have fear of getting the right price for our
      produce as we came to know that naturally grown food is commanding a
      price of nearly 8 times to chemically grown food. So, we have made a
      definite decision to adopt the same natural farming methods on our
      entire farm after seeing further results. We heart fully thank Sri
      Raju Bhai and his family for pioneering no-till natural farming
      methods in India and for spreading this knowledge among farmers.
      (TRANSLATED BY YUNGANDHER)

      RajuTitus India
      +919179738049

    • David Douglas
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 31, 2010
        What a wonderful letter Raju,

        Continued success to you as you feed the people and care for the
        Earth.

        Peace to you my friend,
        David, in the Adirondack Mountains, NY USA

        On 1/31/10, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > costs have reduced by 80 percent by adopting no-till natural farming.
        > We used to spend around Rs.8 lakhs for our 50 acres of farm for
        > chemicals, fertilizers and tilling. Moreover the costs would easily go
        > up in case of weather disturbances.
        > We are sure to save around Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.7 lakhs by adopting
        > natural farming with the help of Sri Raju ji as we see the crop in our
        > fields. And we do not have fear of getting the right price for our
        > produce as we came to know that naturally grown food is commanding a
        > price of nearly 8 times to chemically grown food. So, we have made a
        > definite decision to adopt the same natural farming methods on our
        > entire farm after seeing further results. We heart fully thank Sri
        > Raju Bhai and his family for pioneering no-till natural farming
        > methods in India and for spreading this knowledge among farmers.

      • Linda Shewan
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 31, 2010
          What a fantastic result Raju. It seems you are the only person actually
          teaching this method with quantifiable results in agriculture...

          Thank you so much for your incredibly important work in getting natural
          farming out to the people.

          With the greatest respect, Linda

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 31, 2010
            Dear David,

            You are the closest person in FUKUOKA group to me.I am in Montreal now.I have just found this natrual farming for about 2 weeks and I would like to see a natural farm close to me.Can you tell me your telephone number?Mine is 1- 514-402-5049

            I would like to hear more good news about the sucess of your farms.

            Best wishes to you all ,my friends

            Qian FENG in Montreal QC.Canada.

            --- 10年2月1日,周一, David Douglas <earthworks2@...> 写道:

            发件人: David Douglas <earthworks2@...>
            主题: Re: [fukuoka_farming] FUKUOKA FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND SCIENTIFIC WAY OF FARMING.
            收件人: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
            日期: 2010年2月1日,周一,上午3:50

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 1 12:51 AM
              Dear friend,
              Thank you very much for so wonderful comments.
              Raju

              On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@...>wrote:

              > What a fantastic result Raju. It seems you are the only person actually
              > teaching this method with quantifiable results in agriculture...
              >
              > Thank you so much for your incredibly important work in getting natural
              > farming out to the people.
              >
              > With the greatest respect, Linda

              RajuTitus India
              +919179738049

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1 12:52 AM
                Thank you very much for so nice comments.
                raju

                On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:20 AM, David Douglas <earthworks2@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > costs have reduced by 80 percent by adopting no-till natural farming.
                > > We used to spend around Rs.8 lakhs for our 50 acres of farm for
                > > chemicals, fertilizers and tilling. Moreover the costs would easily go
                > > up in case of weather disturbances.
                > > We are sure to save around Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.7 lakhs by adopting
                > > natural farming with the help of Sri Raju ji as we see the crop in our
                > > fields. And we do not have fear of getting the right price for our
                > > produce as we came to know that naturally grown food is commanding a
                > > price of nearly 8 times to chemically grown food. So, we have made a
                > > definite decision to adopt the same natural farming methods on our
                > > entire farm after seeing further results. We heart fully thank Sri
                > > Raju Bhai and his family for pioneering no-till natural farming
                > > methods in India and for spreading this knowledge among farmers.

                RajuTitus India
                +919179738049

              • 倩 冯
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                  Dear Raju,

                  Do you plant rice and wheat?What's your output of one acre?(rice and wheat seperately)

                  I have told my friends about fukuoka farming,but most of them don't believe that one acre can reach 3000KG!!!

                  I have a friend,he has only 1/3 of an acre land,and it is polluted by the chemicals.What's your suggestion about the changing to natural farming?They plant wheat(winter wheat )and corn on that land.

                  Waiting for your information.

                  Best regards,

                  Christine

                  --- 10年2月1日,周一, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> 写道:

                  发件人: Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>
                  收件人: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
                  日期: 2010年2月1日,周一,下午4:52

> [...]

                  > > costs have reduced by 80 percent by adopting no-till natural farming.
                  > > We used to spend around Rs.8 lakhs for our 50 acres of farm for
                  > > chemicals, fertilizers and tilling. Moreover the costs would easily go
                  > > up in case of weather disturbances.
                  > > We are sure to save around Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.7 lakhs by adopting
                  > > natural farming with the help of Sri Raju ji as we see the crop in our
                  > > fields. And we do not have fear of getting the right price for our
                  > > produce as we came to know that naturally grown food is commanding a
                  > > price of nearly 8 times to chemically grown food. So, we have made a
                  > > definite decision to adopt the same natural farming methods on our
                  > > entire farm after seeing further results. We heart fully thank Sri
                  > > Raju Bhai and his family for pioneering no-till natural farming
                  > > methods in India and for spreading this knowledge among farmers.

                  RajuTitus India
                  +919179738049

                • Raju Titus
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                    Dear Christine,
                    I am getting 2000 kg/acre Wheat and Rice. My target is 1000 gm/acre
                    equivalent to Fukuoka's yield.
                    Thanks
                    Raju

                    On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:13 PM, 倩 冯 <crystalfengqian@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > costs have reduced by 80 percent by adopting no-till natural farming.
                    > > > We used to spend around Rs.8 lakhs for our 50 acres of farm for
                    > > > chemicals, fertilizers and tilling. Moreover the costs would easily go
                    > > > up in case of weather disturbances.
                    > > > We are sure to save around Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.7 lakhs by adopting
                    > > > natural farming with the help of Sri Raju ji as we see the crop in our
                    > > > fields. And we do not have fear of getting the right price for our
                    > > > produce as we came to know that naturally grown food is commanding a
                    > > > price of nearly 8 times to chemically grown food. So, we have made a
                    > > > definite decision to adopt the same natural farming methods on our
                    > > > entire farm after seeing further results. We heart fully thank Sri
                    > > > Raju Bhai and his family for pioneering no-till natural farming
                    > > > methods in India and for spreading this knowledge among farmers.

                    Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
                    +919179738049

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                      I think perhaps you meant this in reverse.
                      1000 gm = what you are getting
                      2000 kg = what you aim to get

                      Hope this helps,
                      Frances

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 8, 2010
                        Dear Friends,

                        Thanks a lot for your reply.
                        I recommend you a website http://www.the-anf.org/
                        This  is the website Academy of Natural Farming in India.

                        I also got the reply from Mr Kailash Murthy.
                        Dear Qian

                            Its 3000G per acre. tell them to visit my web site

                        Regards
                        Kailas

                        By the way,I think he wrote the wrong words,it should be 3000KG,not 3000G!

                        He once invited me to visit his farm,but I have no enough money.

                        If someone wants to go there,it will be very good.

                        Best wishes,

                        Christine(Qian FENG)

                        --- 10年3月8日,周一, fdnokes@... <fdnokes@...> 写道:

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 8, 2010
                          Dear friend,
                          I am sorry 1000gm(1kg) per square meter it means one ton per quarter acre
                          and 40 quintle per acre.
                          thanks
                          raju

                          On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM, <fdnokes@...> wrote:

                          > I think perhaps you meant this in reverse.
                          > 1000 gm = what you are getting
                          > 2000 kg = what you aim to get
                          >
                          > Hope this helps,
                          > Frances

                        • Tom Gibson
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                            What you described has absolutely nothng to do with organic agriculture.
                            I can't imagine how you even connected those two dots based on your
                            description. It sounds like you have been repeatedly raped by con men
                            that have no knowledge of agriculture whatsoever. Which is it, modern
                            scientific, natural, or organic?

                            You can see what is going on in our food forest at
                            www.camaspermaculture.org <http://www.camaspermaculture.org/>
                            tom@... <mailto:tom@...>
                            Tom Gibson

                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>
                            wrote:

                            > *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF
                            FARMING.
                            > *

                            http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=direc\
                            tlink

                            > .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
                            > agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
                            > land.

                          • Raju Titus
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                              Dear friend,
                              Please do not mind and try to explain what is "Organic agriculture".
                              thanks
                              raju

                              On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Tom Gibson <camaspermaculture@...>wrote:

                              > What you described has absolutely nothng to do with organic agriculture.
                              > I can't imagine how you even connected those two dots based on your
                              > description. It sounds like you have been repeatedly raped by con men
                              > that have no knowledge of agriculture whatsoever. Which is it, modern
                              > scientific, natural, or organic?
                              >
                              > You can see what is going on in our food forest at
                              > www.camaspermaculture.org <http://www.camaspermaculture.org/>
                              > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org> <mailto:
                              > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org>>
                              > Tom Gibson

                              > Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF
                              > FARMING.
                              > > *
                              > >
                              > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=direc\
                              > tlink<http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=directlink>
                              >

                              > > .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
                              > > agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
                              > > land.

                              Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
                              +919179738049

                            • edward barton
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                                Attn Mr Tom Gibson.

                                Dear Mr Thomas Gibson,
                                This Forum is for sharing fukuoka_farming experiences.
                                There is no need for using offensive language like"you have have been repeatedly raped by con men that have no knowledge of agriculture".
                                You can always express your viewpoint in decent gentlemanly words and language.
                                thanks
                                edward barton.

                                ________________________________

                                tom@camaspermacultu re.org <mailto:tom@camaspermacultu re.org>

                                wrote:

                                > *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF
                                FARMING.
                                > *

                                http://picasaweb. google.co. in/lh/photo/ WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8 XyAxzQ?feat= direc\
                                tlink

                                > .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
                                > agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
                                > land.

                              • Tom Gibson
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 10, 2010
                                  You ask what is organic farming. First to say what it isn't. Organic isn't a product you can buy. It is a holistic system working with natural processes. Fukuoka and organics have that in common. Many people practice conventional farming with chemicals and heavy equipment then think they are organic when they follow the same practices using chemicals that have been approved for organic farming, but that isn't organic either. There is no machinery or devices that are approved for organic use or considered organic unless someone is selling you something.

                                  There are a lot of people selling rubbish that they are making great claims for in the name of organics. Sounds like someone got you there. For the life of me I can't imagine what a Gobar Gas pump has to do with organic agriculture. Methane production has nothing whatsoever to do with the tilth of your soil. Unless you are a large dairy that keeps the animals in an enclosed area, methane production isn't practiacal and I have never heard of that type of facility in India. If you are looking for cheap local lighting solutions I would see if you can find the people that are making the Firefly, a battery system that is charged by driving the bicycle carts around and can be used to light up LED lighting for several hours.

                                  Modern organic farming was being developed in the US about the same time Fukuoka was doing his research in Japan. In the US it was mostly being done by the Rodale Institute. Rodale and Fukuoka both felt that if you created highly organic living soils then you had little or no need to fertilize or use insecticides. Both recommend interplanting and successive planting to keep something growing on the land at all times and continuously adding to the bank of organic matter in the soil. For both, the main focus was on increasing the amount of biological activity and a diverse environment with a complete ecological system.

                                  Fukuoka's natural farming is really a branch of organic farming because they have the same processes and ethics when it comes to how you treat your land, soil, and all of the things that live on it.

                                  The term scientific farming doesn't seem to be in use anywhere but what Americans call the "Third World". In the US we call it conventional farming, factory farming, or corporate farming. It is widely supported by the land grant universities that are the research and education institutions in every state but they are mostly funded by large agribusiness concerns and have very little credibility with most family farmers these days. The US government likes big corporations because they can tax the same things several times. That is why family farmers are getting the pinch but Americans are getting wise to that and starting to bypass the government and low quality cheap food that is subsidized by the government because it has little nutritional value and makes people sick.

                                  Tom Gibson
                                  www.camaspermaculture.org

                                  --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

                                  > Dear friend,
                                  > Please do not mind and try to explain what is "Organic agriculture".
                                  > thanks
                                  > raju
                                  >
                                  > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Tom Gibson <camaspermaculture@...>wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > What you described has absolutely nothng to do with organic agriculture.
                                  > > I can't imagine how you even connected those two dots based on your
                                  > > description. It sounds like you have been repeatedly raped by con men
                                  > > that have no knowledge of agriculture whatsoever. Which is it, modern
                                  > > scientific, natural, or organic?
                                  > >
                                  > > You can see what is going on in our food forest at
                                  > > www.camaspermaculture.org <http://www.camaspermaculture.org/>
                                  > > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org> <mailto:
                                  > > tom@... <tom%40camaspermaculture.org>>
                                  > > Tom Gibson
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > > Raju Titus <rajuktitus@>
                                  > > wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > *FUKUOKA WAY OF FARMING IS BETTER THAN ORGANIC AND INORGANIC WAY OF
                                  > > FARMING.
                                  > > > *
                                  > > >
                                  > > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=direc\
                                  > > tlink<http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/photo/WNKZh2Qbtp3hLII8XyAxzQ?feat=directlink>
                                  > >

                                  > > > .My name is Narendra Patil. I am practicing modern scientific
                                  > > > agriculture in 50 acres of my own land and another 50 acres of leased
                                  > > > land.

                                  > --
                                  > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad.India.
                                  > +919179738049

                                • Raju Titus
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 10, 2010
                                    Dear friend,
                                    Fukuoka farming is different it is based on zero tillage, no fertilizers and
                                    no medicines known as "Natural way of Farming." But organic farming is
                                    generally done by tilling and organic fertilizers and organic medicines. No
                                    Till organic farming is near to Fukuoka farming.
                                    Thanks
                                    Raju