Re: [fukuoka_farming] The Future of education- Become a Farmer

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2010
      I think it is sort of oblivious and hilarious that you post this in fukuoka farming.People with farming degrees destroy the planet, ask Howard Lyman also known as the Mad Cowboy - Fukuoka is all about preserving the planet (to a degree).But there are countless people with educational degrees that are happy to destroy the planet for big paychecks.
      The future of education - become a farmer, a NATURAL farmer.Then the answer may be yes, although you shouldn't do it for the money (if that ever comes true).There is no Fukuoka University...yet!But you never know, look at the current success that Earthship architect Mike Reynolds has with his work.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
        IMHO....

        NF is not about driving a future clunker or making pots of money. Its about understanding the nature/life around you and knowing yourself, your relationship with nature. Spirituality could be offshoots of this understanding. Fukuoka san spoke of Zen. But it should not construed that this understanding should mean a impoverished life but life truly sustainable and in harmony with life around.

        From whatever i know about Jim rogers...thru CNBC soundbites and news..he is sane and down to earth..but his focus is money making and not living with nature as Fukuoka san did.

        Peace! Peace! Peace!

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Krishna" <Krishna@...> wrote:

        > Your Earnest Comments on "Jim Rogers" quotes ?
        > Jim Rogers says that people who got MBA's Should go and Try to exchange them for farming degrees of mining degrees. He says farmers will drive Lamborghini's and will be great for the next 20 - 30 years of finance and banking is over it is done with
        > Before you laugh, that Jim Rogers is a multi billionaire & paved his way in investing. Anyone has an opinion on this ?
      • James
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
          With all due respect Douglas, I have a degree in farming; Agri-Business Technology with a minor in plant sciences and agronomy, to be exact, and have spent 30 years since graduation teaching organic and natural farming techniques throughout the USA.

          I will be the first to admit that many Universities graduate a lot of chemical salesman and "mad scientists" for DuPont and Monsanto who go on to ruin the planet with their unnatural methods. These large companies sponsor the agricultural programs and research at these Universities. Altering genetic material in the name of feeding the planet is the worst offense and a lie that large corporations currently spread to further their monopoly on agriculture.

          I see nothing wrong with working hard and making a good honest living to support ones family after working hard in college. I do not believe that farming was ever invented to make one a lot of money however.

          Jim Snyder
          Edmore, MI
          http://farmersforasustainablefuture.ning.com/