Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: [AgriConcern] Natural Farm ing of Rice.धान की कुदरती खेती .

  • Yugandhar S
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      Hi Pavan,

      A note before proceeding: This reply is just to answer Pavan's question
      that natural/near natural farming can indeed be done anywhere and not to
      open any new debate about Permaculture Vs Natural Farming.

      Here is an interesting video just for you and specifically answers your
      question. This video is about permaculture with Bill Mollison at a farm
      which is two hours north of Hyderabad by road. It is really splendid to see
      this once almost barren land transform into a mini jungle in about two
      years. The most interesting point in this video is the farmer in this video
      says that 2 or 3 feet below the soil in his jungle garden there is only rock
      and nothing else. Fukuoka sans also grew splendid mandarin orange orchards
      on almost dry mountain sides using natural farming. There definitely in not
      much soil on mountain slopes, I believe.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O38rwc7-puc

      If you understand spirituality or atleast Fukuoka's books, there is no
      Telangana(Dry,rainfed) and Andhra(Wet,river fed) lands distinction in
      nature. Only nature knows where to grow what. When man minimizes his
      intervention everything will be alright.

      Regarding the Irrigation aspect, Raju Bhai can answer.

      Regards
      Yugandhar