Fukuokan jatropha

  • sheptoniac
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009
      Jatropha in deep beds or
      low impact/low tillage systems
      in harmonious relations with indigenous ecosystem
      any experience?
      or practitioners willing to try?

      this is one of the most promising monocarps(?) for fuel use and to test
      hypothesis y can have all your HCVs and productive landscape...
      ...and as some environmentalists are ay piss n vinegar about evrything
      biofuels...

      it's abt time we explored this +ve edge
      after all we know that soils get healthier the more they're left alone
      and can be made spectacularly reactive if improved in a naturalistic way

      the carbon sink/ drawdown potential of mollisols esp when fertilised
      with aluminosilicates is simply not understood in the carbon crazy
      piglet faction , media or wider world

      anymore than the potential reactive depth of of topsoils is understood
      in 'conventional' agriculture circles
      biofuels make a bit of sense when yr inputs are minimal , links with
      indigenous biota extremely comprehensive

      y'all should join Wiser Copenhagen and help me out

      there is ALWAYS a positive edge peeps

      th ownership question
      extreme changes?
      around 2012?
      never!

      ALWAYS planning for extremes

      on that note ll appeal to swale of the century massive for a design
      contest 'making oil palm plantations chime with indigenous ecology'

      there is a round table on sustainable palm oil y'know
      quit moanin and send delegate nominations to
      http://www.hcvnetwork.org/
      th message goin fr here 2 copenhagen 2 some activists

      as ecological designers or knowers of things it is our core
      responsibility to point the way forward , deal with hangover diseases
      from 20th century atrocities
      -mammonism,anxious pigletism

      then
      peace
      One Wiser World
      One Love

      http://www.marshfarmoutreach.org.uk/-for gen on OW 'we can fix this '
      toolbox

      e-mail ilabra@... spanish/portuguese speakers

      http://www.hcvnetwork.org/ -perfect hub for those experienced in
      exploiting endlessly productive forest edges 2 link and knock heads in
      any language

      wishing you the merriest of carbon sinks
      and a happy new community owned biogas facility

      madoldshepton@entheogenesis