Re: [fukuoka_farming] GROWING WHEAT AND RICE WITH TREES.

  • pasila venkat
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
      Dear Rajuji,

      Thanks for ur reply.

      can you please suggest me few  Indian varieties of rice suitable for this natural farming (without flooding)??

      Regards
      Venkata Ramana

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
        Dear Ramana,
        According to what I have been given to understand, in India we must be
        having at least 50,000 varieties of rice. Dr Richaria did a collection of
        around 22000 rice varieties only from the rice bowl Chattisgarh, so u can
        imagine how much must be around.
        The best rice to grow is the one that is locally grown in your next field or
        the village where u r land is located. That rice will be hardy and will
        withstand the climatic conditions in your area. Just make sure u grow a
        local one and not a hybrid one. Also u will find the disease infestation
        less in local varieties. Based on how long your soil remains moist u can
        decide on the duration of the rice u would like to plant. It does not matter
        what rice u sow as long as u are able to give it enough moisture till it
        matures. If u are rain dependant this is very important but if u are relying
        on irrigation it does not matter.
        Happy Farming

        On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM, pasila venkat <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:

        > Dear Rajuji,
        >
        > Thanks for ur reply.
        >
        > can you please suggest me few Indian varieties of rice suitable for this
        > natural farming (without flooding)??
        >
        > Regards
        > Venkata Ramana
        >
        > --- On Mon, 14/12/09, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...<rajuktitus%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: Raju Titus <rajuktitus@... <rajuktitus%40gmail.com>>
        > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] GROWING WHEAT AND RICE WITH TREES.
        > To: "fukuoka farming" <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com<fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
        > >
        > Date: Monday, 14 December, 2009, 2:00 PM
        >

        > Dear Ramana and friends,
        >
        > Only no till natural farming has capacity to grow rice and wheat in low
        >
        > lights. Crops generally failed in tiling based agriculture therefore no any
        >
        > farmer keeping trees in grain fields. I am growing all in one. Fruits,wild
        >
        > trees, vegetables and grain in one field with weeds.There is no need of
        >
        > flooding water for rice fields.
        >
        > Raju
        >
        > मित्रो,
        >
        > केवल बिना जुताई की कुदरती खेती में ही हमारे पर्यावरण को बचाने की ताकत
        >
        > है.जुताई वाली खेती में फ़सलें जरा से लाइट के कम होने से फेल हो जाती
        > हैं.इसलिए
        >
        > किसान अनाजों के खेतों में पेड़ नहीं रखते हैं.ऐसा जमीन की कमजोरी के कारण
        > होता
        >
        > है.(Hindi)
        >
        > http://picasaweb. google.com/ lh/photo/ fjl3Rdod6OlFzEyB B9O63g?feat=
        > directlink
        >
        > raju

        > The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage.
        > http://in.yahoo.com/

        Venkat Iyer
        203, Madhyam Society,
        M G Road, Goregaon (West),
        Mumbai - 400 062
        India
        Tel (Res) : 91-22-28728169
        (Mob) : 9869269067
        (Farm) : 91-2528-690182

      • fdnokes@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
          Raju!

          I am fascinated.
          We have a treed yard which is beautiful and will cool us in summer, but I was wondering about what we might grow...
          Interesting to hear this concept of low light growing.

          Thanks.
          Frances