GROWING WHEAT AND RICE WITH TREES.

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
      Dear Ramana and friends,
      Only no till natural farming has capacity to grow rice and wheat in low
      lights. Crops generally failed in tiling based agriculture therefore no any
      farmer keeping trees in grain fields. I am growing all in one. Fruits,wild
      trees, vegetables and grain in one field with weeds.There is no need of
      flooding water for rice fields.
      Raju
      मित्रो,
      केवल बिना जुताई की कुदरती खेती में ही हमारे पर्यावरण को बचाने की ताकत
      है.जुताई वाली खेती में फ़सलें जरा से लाइट के कम होने से फेल हो जाती हैं.इसलिए
      किसान अनाजों के खेतों में पेड़ नहीं रखते हैं.ऐसा जमीन की कमजोरी के कारण होता
      है.(Hindi)
      http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fjl3Rdod6OlFzEyBB9O63g?feat=directlink
      raju

    • pasila venkat
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
        Dear Rajuji,

        Thanks for ur reply.

        can you please suggest me few  Indian varieties of rice suitable for this natural farming (without flooding)??

        Regards
        Venkata Ramana

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
          Dear Ramana,
          According to what I have been given to understand, in India we must be
          having at least 50,000 varieties of rice. Dr Richaria did a collection of
          around 22000 rice varieties only from the rice bowl Chattisgarh, so u can
          imagine how much must be around.
          The best rice to grow is the one that is locally grown in your next field or
          the village where u r land is located. That rice will be hardy and will
          withstand the climatic conditions in your area. Just make sure u grow a
          local one and not a hybrid one. Also u will find the disease infestation
          less in local varieties. Based on how long your soil remains moist u can
          decide on the duration of the rice u would like to plant. It does not matter
          what rice u sow as long as u are able to give it enough moisture till it
          matures. If u are rain dependant this is very important but if u are relying
          on irrigation it does not matter.
          Happy Farming

          On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM, pasila venkat <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:

          > Dear Rajuji,
          >
          > Thanks for ur reply.
          >
          > can you please suggest me few Indian varieties of rice suitable for this
          > natural farming (without flooding)??
          >
          > Regards
          > Venkata Ramana
          >
          > --- On Mon, 14/12/09, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...<rajuktitus%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Raju Titus <rajuktitus@... <rajuktitus%40gmail.com>>
          > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] GROWING WHEAT AND RICE WITH TREES.
          > To: "fukuoka farming" <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com<fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
          > >
          > Date: Monday, 14 December, 2009, 2:00 PM
          >

          > Dear Ramana and friends,
          >
          > Only no till natural farming has capacity to grow rice and wheat in low
          >
          > lights. Crops generally failed in tiling based agriculture therefore no any
          >
          > farmer keeping trees in grain fields. I am growing all in one. Fruits,wild
          >
          > trees, vegetables and grain in one field with weeds.There is no need of
          >
          > flooding water for rice fields.
          >
          > Raju
          >
          > मित्रो,
          >
          > केवल बिना जुताई की कुदरती खेती में ही हमारे पर्यावरण को बचाने की ताकत
          >
          > है.जुताई वाली खेती में फ़सलें जरा से लाइट के कम होने से फेल हो जाती
          > हैं.इसलिए
          >
          > किसान अनाजों के खेतों में पेड़ नहीं रखते हैं.ऐसा जमीन की कमजोरी के कारण
          > होता
          >
          > है.(Hindi)
          >
          > http://picasaweb. google.com/ lh/photo/ fjl3Rdod6OlFzEyB B9O63g?feat=
          > directlink
          >
          > raju

          > The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage.
          > http://in.yahoo.com/

          Venkat Iyer
          203, Madhyam Society,
          M G Road, Goregaon (West),
          Mumbai - 400 062
          India
          Tel (Res) : 91-22-28728169
          (Mob) : 9869269067
          (Farm) : 91-2528-690182

        • fdnokes@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
            Raju!

            I am fascinated.
            We have a treed yard which is beautiful and will cool us in summer, but I was wondering about what we might grow...
            Interesting to hear this concept of low light growing.

            Thanks.
            Frances