Re: pH

  • Tom Gibson
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
      Regarding Albrecht and soil nutrition see the latest post on my blog at the
      link below. It is a little long and may be somewhat tedious to many, but is
      an excellent refutation to chemical fertilizers and exposes conventional
      thinking for having a very narrow view of nutritional needs of plants and
      the animals including us that eat the plants. Conventional agriculture is
      more concerned with yield and cost than quality or value. It is a discussion
      between and about two approaches to soil science, one from a land grant
      university that is a major proponent of "conventional" agriculture and Neal
      Kinsey's, an Albrecht disciple, answer.

      It is interesting to note that although both of them were talking about
      crops and soil, they were talking about two different things. Kinsey's (and
      Albrecht's) focus was on health and nutrition where the conventional
      approach is only concerned about short term commercial gain, not including
      the long term cost of poor nutrition on herds of animals or people as if
      there were no economic consequences to food that had little nutrition. As we
      can see in the US, there is a very high cost when we have lots of food, but
      little nutrition.

      You can see what is going on in our food forest
      and get more information about local food security at
      <http://camaspermaculture.blogspot.com/> www.camaspermaculture.org

      Tom Gibson