Re: Digest Number 2098

  • Tom Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
      Rene-are you farming now? If not, when did you plan to start? I have talked
      to a lot of people that want to farm then find out it is a lot of hard work
      that doesn't pay very well. Could you tell us more about what and why you
      want to start your project?

      I am from the Philippines and I am involved in a project that would like to
      develop a Natural Farming Training Center cum demo farms. Can you give some
      leads where to start?

      Rene

      You can see what is going on in our food forest
      and get more information about local food security at
      <http://camaspermaculture.blogspot.com/> Camas Permaculture

      Tom Gibson

    • joserenegayo
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
        Dear Tom,

        We have started our demo farm projects with mangoes, bananas, pineapples, papayas, and some vegetables. In the past we have used inorganic fertilizers and pesticides but would like to shift to natural farming.

        Since our target market our small farmers with very little capital, I thought natural farming might be a possibility as a farming system. Besides, there is a growing market in the Philippines for naturally grown products.

        Rene