Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 2098

  • Jose Rene Gayo
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      I am from the Philippines and I am involved in a project that would like to develop a Natural Farming Training Center cum demo farms. Can you give some leads where to start?

      Rene

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
        Rene,

        There is a lot of interest for Natural Farming in the Philippines. You can join the Natural Farming Philippines ML, also on Yahoo, to find out about existing projects. Natural Farmers in the Philippines are mostly influenced by the methods of Dr. Cho I described before.

        Dieter

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jose Rene Gayo <joserenegayo@...> wrote:

        > I am from the Philippines and I am involved in a project that would like to develop a Natural Farming Training Center cum demo farms. Can you give some leads where to start?
        >
        > Rene
      • Tom Gibson
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
          Rene-are you farming now? If not, when did you plan to start? I have talked
          to a lot of people that want to farm then find out it is a lot of hard work
          that doesn't pay very well. Could you tell us more about what and why you
          want to start your project?

          I am from the Philippines and I am involved in a project that would like to
          develop a Natural Farming Training Center cum demo farms. Can you give some
          leads where to start?

          Rene

          You can see what is going on in our food forest
          and get more information about local food security at
          <http://camaspermaculture.blogspot.com/> Camas Permaculture

          Tom Gibson

        • joserenegayo
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
            Dear Tom,

            We have started our demo farm projects with mangoes, bananas, pineapples, papayas, and some vegetables. In the past we have used inorganic fertilizers and pesticides but would like to shift to natural farming.

            Since our target market our small farmers with very little capital, I thought natural farming might be a possibility as a farming system. Besides, there is a growing market in the Philippines for naturally grown products.

            Rene