Re: [fukuoka_farming] soil *

  • Frank McAvinchey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009
      There is a product at a website that I used to have a connection to, that is
      basically just a polymer made from vegetable sources, that one can spray on
      the sides of an excavation to create a tank, or pond, for water storage. I
      believe the site is www.ucsofa.com. It has nothing to do with sofas, but
      instead there are numerous different products available there. The main
      emphasis of the site is a pending, pending, pending magnetic generator for
      the generation of electricity. Dennis Lee is the ringleader of that
      particular circus, United Community Services of America. He MAY end up
      coming out with a valid way to make electricity, but needs other ways to
      generate income in the mean time, instead of speculation alone. The polymer
      product is a good thing, as are some of the other things he hawks, but my
      suggestion is, don't get pulled into the generator scheme, yet. Whether you
      are or aren't offended by the overt, albeit odd, Christian content of the
      site really shouldn't matter. Take it or leave it, it's your deal. But the
      variety of products that have obvious applications is the point.

      I am thinking that a farmer could dig/drill deep holes in the ground,
      perhaps numerous ones if they are drilled, and then coat the walls with
      this polymer, let them fill up, and have huge quantities of water for use in
      agriculture. I would suggest using them for the raising of tilapia, or
      other fish, and, if they are wells, drilled, cover them with some sort of
      metal grill, to keep unsuspecting kids from taking and unexpected dip. The
      fish would create water with life in it, and thus fertilizer. It seems to
      me that you could sink a number of shafts like that, fairly close together,
      lower a spray wand down, coating the sides with polymer, till they were able
      to stand on their own. Perhaps have them 5 feet away from one another, but
      put them in in a gridded pattern, with the tops covered with a metal grill,
      countersunk below the level of say, agriculture, and still be able to plant
      crops all across the entire area.

      Any thoughts my friends?

      Frank McAvinchey