Re: Newly cleared land COVERED in Cassia Obtusifolia!

  • Tom Gibson
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2009
      Sounds like you need to chill. No one was being harsh, just realistic. Not
      being sure how realistic and flexible you are about this makes it hard to
      judge what to tell you. Bottom line-you have to do what you can. Don't let
      anything you have learned about natural farming become an inflexible
      religious belief.

      My point was that you are in a state of transition. Do what you have to get
      to where you want to go.

      You can see what is going on in our food forest
      and get more information about local food security at
      <http://camaspermaculture.blogspot.com/> Camas Permaculture

      Tom Gibson

    • MKTurner7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2009
        I do rotational grazing. But I still need to provide some negative
        pressure on the plants that the sheep won't eat, otherwise they'll slowly gain
        the upper hand over the plants that the sheep like to eat. Also mowing helps
        to knock down their seed production to keep them from spreading by seed.